How To File For Hurricane Harvey Damages in Goliad
Now that the immediate destructive power of Hurricane Harvey has passed, you may be wondering how to file for Hurricane Harvey damages in Goliad. Your first step is to contact your insurance adjuster, make arrangements to meet and review the damages and loss of personal property in Goliad, and address any physical injuries you may have suffered.
Our attorneys at the Carabin & Shaw law firm recognize your funds may be severely challenged at this time; however, Goliad hurricane insurance claims lawyers stress that it is crucial you continue to pay your insurance premiums, as well as your home mortgage or rent payments, on time. Not doing so could jeopardize your claim. If you are unable to pay a bill, or find you are going to be late on payments of any debt, we highly recommend you contact the appropriate billing office for each debt immediately, and discuss payment arrangements to prevent late fees, cancellations, or lapse in any coverage.
As you reach out to the adjuster and insurance company in order to file your Goliad hurricane claims, there should be a responsive team available in Goliad to help you. If there is not, then it may be time for you to call an attorney with the Carabin & Shaw law firm for help. Given all that you have gone through and continue to face, we believe the last thing you need is unnecessary obstacles hindering you from receiving the legitimate settlement you deserve so that you can begin to rebuild your life.
If you need help understanding your policy and the requirements on how to file for Hurricane Harvey damages in Goliad, call our offices toll-free at 1.800.862.1260. Carabin & Shaw’s attorneys are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.What You Need to File Hurricane Insurance Claim after Harvey
If you have been able to return to your home, it is important that you continue to be cautious and aware of hazards that may still exist in your home or neighborhood. You may want to research how to dry out your property to prevent mold and mildew, while at the same time learn how to salvage those things most precious to you. Believe it or not, there are even proven methods to salvage your treasured family photos.
As you review the condition of your home, it's a good idea to begin to make an in depth list of what has been lost, broken, or damaged. Begin by methodically going from room to room and start listing the most conspicuous items in each. As you do this, you will begin to recall more minute items that you might have forgotten.
In order to file your claim, this in-depth list of repairs also needs to be compiled. Meet with at least two or three separate contractors to give you quotes on repairs that are needed. Determine which contractor you want to use, and then present the insurance adjuster with an itemized list of what repairs need to be done, and the applicable quote from the contractor you chose to use. Importantly, do not pay for work to be done up front.
If at any point in the process you feel your insurance adjuster in Goliad is not meeting your expectations of an equitable reimbursement, or that damages you believe should be covered are being denied, please don’t hesitate to call our law office and speak with one of our specialized claims lawyers.Recap on How to File for Hurricane Harvey Damages in Goliad
- Contact your insurance adjuster and make arrangements to meet and review the damages.
- Pay your insurance premiums to avoid invalidating your claim, and continue to pay your home mortgage or rent payments on time as well.
- If you are having trouble making payments, contact the billing office for each debt and request a grace period.
- Meet with the insurance adjuster, and visually evaluate damages and loss together.
- Continue to be cautious and aware of potential physical hazards on your property.
- Make an in-depth list of what has been lost, broken or damaged, as well as repairs needed.
- Call at least two to three contractors to give you quotes on repairs.
- Determine which contractor you want to use, and present the insurance adjuster with an itemized list of required repairs and the repair estimate.
- Do not pay for work until it is completed.
- Speak with our attorneys at Carabin & Shaw before signing a settlement agreement if you have any misgivings.
If your Goliad hurricane damage claim is having any issues at all, contact the law offices of Carabin & Shaw. We have attorneys available twenty-four hours a day, seven days week to take you call in English or Spanish, and your initial consultation is free of charge. Call us today toll-free at 1.800. 862.1260.