Hurricane Harvey Flooding in Aransas Pass
Hurricane Harvey swept through the South Texas coastline with winds and rain that left victims without food, shelter and safety. High speed winds tore through towns like Aransas Pass, dismantling houses and destroying landmarks and buildings, and Hurricane Harvey flooding in Aransas Pass left countless properties water damaged and forced people to evacuate their homes.
There is no question that living through such an event can leave victims feeling helpless and unsure of how to begin to rebuild their lives. The legal team at Carabin & Shaw has helped many victims of natural disasters recover from the trauma of having their lives ravaged during unforeseen events by getting them moving in the right direction. In the wake of this latest hurricane season, our Aransas Pass hurricane insurance claims lawyer is ready to guide you through the claims process so that you do not waste time with misfiled paperwork or insurance companies that give you the runaround.
A lot of information is easily accessible through social media and through fellow neighbors who may have spoken with their own insurance agents. However, a lot of misinformation is just as easy to access, and not as easy to detect. Each individual’s ability to claim damages depends on their individual insurance policy. While some individuals may have purchased additional flooding coverage, others may not have. Hurricane Harvey flooding in Aransas Pass was extensive, and without additional flooding coverage, many victims may feel they have nothing to claim. In fact, with the recent Texas House Bill 1774, many residents thought they could not file at all after September 1.
Our attorneys can assure you that you do have damages that can be claimed, regardless of having or not having flood insurance. Understanding the damages that result from the effects of the hurricane that came through Aransas Pass can make all of the difference. Our attorneys know what steps to take to ensure that a claim is properly identified and filed, so that it can be processed expeditiously and the money you need to rebuild is put quickly into your hands.
The numbers of Aransas Pass hurricane claims are rapidly growing, and insurance agents are processing multiple claims from not only Hurricane Harvey, but also from Hurricane Irma. Mistakes can easily be made, but following a few simple steps can help you protect yourself from delays:
- Be sure to keep clear and detailed record of your communication with insurance agents. If there is any discrepancy in what is shared with you from one agent to another, make note of it.
- Take pictures of all damages to your property before starting to clean up or perform repairs. Have one of our lawyers come out to take a look at your damages with you, and only fix what is absolutely necessary to prevent further damages before the claim is settled.
- Keep receipts for any purchases you had to make during and after the hurricane. This includes costs accrued while evacuating or taking preparatory measures, such as hotel expenses for you family or wood purchased to board up windows.
- Try to create a detailed log of all of the items lost or damaged during the storm. Don’t forget to include estimates of carpeting and facades damaged, as well as potential electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Do your best to stay organized, and create a plan for cleanup and reentry into your home. This can be overwhelming, but creating small and reasonable goals can help the recovery process run more smoothly.
Whether your home was damaged by Hurricane Harvey flooding in Aransas Pass or if strong winds knocked out pipes and electricity, understanding your rights as the insured can affect the amount of financial compensation you receive.
The attorneys at Carabin & Shaw are helping residents of Aransas Pass pull their lives back together. Call our lawyers so that we can help you piece through your policy and analyze your damage. Whether you have family helping you through this ordeal, or you are a single person attempting to salvage what remains of your belongings alone, our law office is ready to offer our assistance. We believe that Aransas Pass can rebuild and are ready to help each resident take the first steps.
Call our office today for a free consultation. Our bilingual attorneys are standing by 24 hours a day, ready to assist you with your claim in English or in Spanish. Don’t hesitate; contact the law offices of Carabin & Shaw across the bay in Port Aransas at 361.717.4411, or call our toll-free line at 1.800.862.1260