Hurricane Harvey Insurance Claim in Victoria
Are you contemplating accepting an offer on your insurance policy, ready to sign off on a Hurricane Harvey insurance claim in Victoria, Texas? Before you agree to settle with your insurance adjuster too quickly, you may want to give serious consideration to having a Victoria hurricane insurance claims lawyer with Carabin & Shaw review your claim and provide you with practical insight on the settlement amount and whether it is the best offer you can expect to receive. Once a claim is paid and closed you cannot revisit the issue and request additional funds for the same damage claim for your property in Victoria.
The attorneys at Carabin & Shaw are prepared and knowledgeable on Victoria hurricane claims, and we can help ensure your interests are protected and issues are resolved to your satisfaction. Our team of expert lawyers stays up-to-date with the latest nuances and verbiage found in the fine print of a policy; they are also proficient at resolving the challenging stalemates our clients so often encounter with their insurance adjusters. Don’t be pressured into settling your Victoria property damages without making certain you’ve identified all you’ve lost.Dos and Don’ts When Filing Hurricane Harvey Claims Do:
- Contact Carabin & Shaw and request a free initial consultation.
- File your claim with your insurance agency.
- Take photos and make a list of everything you see or remember.
- Document all interactions with the insurance adjuster.
- List names, dates, and times of discussions with the adjuster.
- If rejecting a settlement offer, bring all your documents to appointment with our attorney.
- Keep a daily record of expenses for lodging, food, washing, transportation.
- Keep receipts for everything no matter how small this is not just for reimbursement but validation of damages and loss.
- Do not discuss conversations between you and your attorney with the adjuster.
- Do not be strong-armed into accepting a settlement you are not comfortable with.
- Do not sign contracts or agreements without our attorney’s agreement.
- Do not employ workers or repair contractors without verifying their legitimacy as reputable businesses.
- Do not attempt clean or clear debris from your property until your full claim has been accepted by your insurance company.
- Do not commit funds until you have actually settled your claim.
While it may be too late to change the coverage you carried, it is not too late to make sure you fully understand the coverage you have and extract every dime due under your policy. You most likely have paid premiums on your policy for some time, and while you may not have ever expected to have to file a Hurricane Harvey insurance claim in Victoria, you are now faced with the reality that you do. You’re insurance company might be in this exact same position; when they are, you will likely need a lawyer to help remind them of their end of the deal.
The attorneys at Carabin & Shaw in Victoria will fight to ensure you receive every penny you’re entitled to. If you have already filed a claim for the damages and losses you’ve suffered as a result of hurricane Harvey, but feel your adjuster is not offering you a fair compensation package, our attorneys may be able to help.
We believe you are entitled to every penny of compensation as outlined in your policy, so our lawyers will help you find sources of relief you may not even know about. Keep in mind that you may also be able to file claims against your homeowners insurance and your auto policy. In addition, your homeowners insurance may pay a portion of any damages or loss to your vehicle.
Call us today, and let us help you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Your first consultation is free and we’re available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Call the law offices of Carabin & Shaw in Victoria at 361.485.1400, or call us toll-free at 800-862-1260.