I10 Commercial Truck Accidents in Central Texas
Truck accidents are a common occurrence across Texas. Many of these crashes happen on major highways like I10, which stretches from Louisiana to El Paso, passing through countless cities along the way, including Sonora, Texas. Although efforts have been made to reduce trucking accidents nationwide, trucking accidents still happen every day. If you or a loved one have been injured in an 18 wheeler wreck in Texas, you need all the help you can get.
Big trucking companies and their insurers want to pay you as little as possible after 18 wheeler truck / commercial truck accidents in Sonora, Texas, and they’ll do whatever they can to give you less than you deserve. At Carabin Shaw, we know how to beat trucking companies and make them pay. We have over 25 years of experience serving Texans and our Sonora truck accident attorneys understand what it takes to get you the compensation you are rightfully owed.Truck Accident Statistics
Truck accidents are particularly dangerous for people on the road because of the size difference between commercial vehicles and passenger vehicles. The disparity in size often leads to more injuries and sometimes even death for those in passenger vehicles compared to the truck drivers themselves. Below are a few statistics that illustrate the danger of commercial vehicles on the road:
- In 2018, there were 4,136 deaths due to large truck wrecks.
- 68% of deaths were passengers in passenger vehicles; 17% were truck drivers; and 15% were motorcyclists, pedestrians, or bicyclists.
- The amount of deaths is a 31% increase from 2009.
- Of all motor vehicle crash deaths, 11% involved large truck crashes.
- Speeding is the number one cause of driver-related deaths.
- Distracted driving is the second leading cause of large truck wrecks.
To learn more, talk to Sonora injury attorneys.How to Stay Safe on the Road
When on I10 in Sonora, Texas, there are a number of steps you can take to ensure your safety. The heavy traffic on I10 means drivers need to be alert and cautious, especially when around an 18 wheeler. Below are some best practices to stay safe on I10 and other highways:
- Drive defensively. The best offense is a good defense, and that statement remains true for driving on the road. Trying to anticipate the errors of other drivers and avoiding them is your best chance at avoiding wrecks.
- Create a “bubble”.Maintaining space between you and commercial trucks can keep you safe while on the highway.
- Obey traffic laws.The most common cause for crashes with large trucks is speeding, so obeying speed limits and other traffic laws will ensure you are driving as safely as possible. If your wreck was caused by a speeding truck, contact an attorney.Don’t be distracted. Paying full attention to the road at all times is imperative if you want to avoid a wreck with an 18 wheeler. Put your phone away. Talk to a lawyer if distracted driving played a part in your accident.
- Avoid blind spots. Large trucks have major blind spots, and it’s important that you don’t drive in them. Drivers who ride in the blind spot of 18 wheelers and other commercial vehicles put themselves in serious risk of an 18 wheeler wreck in Texas.
Let Sonora injury attorneys review your case if you’ve been involved in a commercial vehicle accident.Get Justice After Your Truck Accident
Commercial vehicle accidents can be devastating, particularly when they take place on highways such as I10. When you’re involved in 18 wheeler truck / commercial truck accidents in Sonora, Texas, you need an attorney on your side. Our staff at Carabin Shaw is experienced and ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. The Sonora truck accident attorneys on our team are the best in the business. Call us today at 210-222-2288 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 to speak to the right lawyer for you.