Injuries Caused by 18 Wheeler Collisions | Expert Texas Lawyers Can Help
Every year, there are nearly 500,000 accidents involving 18 wheelers. When you’re on the road in Crystal City, Texas, you need to be aware of the constant risk of colliding with an 18 wheeler. If you or a loved one was injured in an 18 wheeler accident, you may be searching for an 18 wheeler accident lawyer near me. We’re here to help.
Our team at Carabin Shaw is a team composed of highly effective lawyers that strive to get you justice. If you’ve sustained injuries caused by 18 wheeler collisions, we will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve.Why Trucks Accidents Are More Severe Than Car Accidents
Truck wrecks can be devastating. The immense difference in size between a passenger vehicle and an 18 wheeler makes truck accidents more severe than a wreck between two passenger cars. Commercial vehicles can weigh up to 80,000 lbs, while the average weight of a passenger vehicle is around 4,000 lbs. This drastic discrepancy in weight is why truck accidents more often lead to severe injuries and death. Crystal City truck accident attorneys can tell you more.Common Injuries in 18 Wheeler Accidents
Although the types of injuries that occur in 18 wheeler wrecks are similar to those of car wrecks, they are almost always more severe. 18 wheeler accidents in Crystal City, Texas often lead to the following injuries:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries.A wreck with an 18 wheeler can lead to spinal cord injuries, which could cause paralysis. When a crash causes injury to the spine, the victim can experience varying issues depending on what part of the spine was injured. If injured in the middle or lower part of the back, it could lead to immobility in the legs; if the spinal injury occurs in the neck, it could lead to the loss of use of all limbs (quadriplegia). Talk to a lawyer to learn about your options.
- Traumatic brain injuries. The intense impact of a wreck with an 18 wheeler can cause traumatic brain injuries (TBI). The consequences of TBI can range from mild to life-threatening. Depending on the severity of the damage, TBIs can cause concussions, permanent cognitive disabilities, or comas. An attorney can help you with your case if you’ve suffered TBI.
- Disfigurement.In an 18 wheeler crash, debris from the wreck can become projectiles that cause disfigurement to accident victims. These injuries, although not life-threatening, can require extensive surgeries and take a psychological toll. Crystal City accident lawyers can work with you to recover damages for disfigurement.
- Burns.18 wheelers have larger fuel tanks than normal cars, which increase the likelihood of gas catching fire. When a fire occurs, victims trapped in their cars can suffer burns. Let a lawyer review your case to see what damages you may be owed.
- Amputations. In some circumstances, an 18 wheeler wreck can cause severe damage to a victim’s body parts that may result in a need to amputate fingers, arms, or legs. If you’ve suffered an amputation due to an 18 wheeler accident, you need to look for an 18 wheeler accident lawyer near me.
After a trucking accident, the injuries caused by 18 wheeler collisions can have a life-long impact. You deserve compensation for your suffering, and Crystal City truck accident attorneys can be there to get you the money you are rightfully owed.
Carabin Shaw has been representing Texans for over 25 years, always doing everything we can to get justice for our clients. We’ve been named a top 10 firm in client satisfaction, so you can count on us to be the right attorneys for you. Call us today at 956-333-3333 or 1-800-862-1260 to speak to one of our Crystal City accident lawyers.