Injury Victims in Eagle Pass After a Commercial Truck Accident
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in Eagle Pass, you may not know what to do next. Too often, injury victims in Eagle Pass after a commercial truck accident don’t know the next steps to take after an accident, and it can be costly. But making sure you know what to do can sometimes be the difference between getting the settlement you deserve and getting short-changed. In this post, we will help you understand what to do after an accident in Eagle Pass, Texas, and the different types of compensation that can be awarded in a typical 18 wheeler accident case.
One of the most important things that you can do after an accident is to speak to a seasoned attorney. Eagle Pass 18 wheeler accident attorneys can help guide you through the complex process that takes place after an accident and ensure you build the strongest case possible. When you look for a lawyer, make sure you find someone with experience. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve been fighting for our clients for over 25 years and have the experience it takes to win cases. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260.What to Do After an Accident
- Collect Evidence at the Scene. After an accident, collecting evidence at the scene can be very valuable in building your case. Make sure to take photos and videos of the accident scene, as well as interview any possible witnesses and obtain their contact information. Ensure that law enforcement is there to get an objective account of what happened in the accident and get a copy of the report if possible. Your lawyer will be able to combine all of these elements to create a strong narrative and case to get you the money you deserve.
- Seek Medical Attention As Soon As Possible. Seeing a doctor after your accident is not only imperative for your health, it serves a legal purpose as well. By visiting the doctor you have an objective account of your injuries in the form of medical records. Your attorney can use these medical records to prove the seriousness of the accident, especially if any injuries are disputed.
- Consult an Attorney Before Speaking to Anyone Else. After a truck accident in Eagle Pass, you need someone on your side. These cases are complex and can be difficult to manage, so having a great lawyer is critically important. If you are contacted by the truck driver’s insurance company do not speak to them, as they will often try to get you to admit fault in an accident to minimize your potential claim. Eagle Pass 18 wheeler accident attorneys are experts in handling insurance companies, so let them do the talking when it comes to insurance.
- Medical Expenses. Eagle Pass injury attorneys often fight for compensation to recover any medical expenses that result from an accident. This type of compensation can cover both present and future expenses.
- Lost Wages. Injury victims in Eagle Pass after a commercial truck accident often miss time at work, and this type of compensation covers those expenses. This compensation can also cover both present and future lost wage expenses.
- Pain and Suffering. Eagle Pass injury attorneys can fight to prove that their clients deserve compensation for psychological and physical pain and suffering related to the accident. This isn’t as clear cut as the other two examples, but can often be critical in 18 wheeler accident cases.
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a commercial truck in Eagle Pass, Texas, you need someone on your side. At Carabin Shaw, we have recovered over $1 billion for our clients and we want to fight for you. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260.