Irving Burn Injury
Accidents that result in injury are always stressful, but burn injuries are especially traumatic. If you’ve been burned in an accident in Irving, Texas, you may be wondering what to do now or whether or not you need an Irving personal injury lawyer. Fortunately, the top Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw are here to help.
Read on to learn the advantages of consulting an accident attorney in Irving and the basics of burn injury lawsuits after a fire, workplace accident, or negligent act.Who Can Be Held Liable for a Burn Injury After an Accident?
There are many potential parties who may be held legally liable for your injuries after a burn injury if their actions played a role in causing the fire or the burn injury in some way.
You may have grounds for a personal injury claim against a person or company if:
- They acted in a negligent way (in such a way that a reasonable person in their situation would not have acted)
- They owed you a duty of care (e.g., you were on their property at the time of the accident)
- Their negligent actions caused or played a role in your injuries
In many burn accidents, the fault lies with more than one party. If you are unsure whether or not negligence played a role in your injury, it is advised that you consult with an attorney before deciding how to move forward.Examples of Parties Who You May Be Able to Sue After a Burn Injury Caused by Negligence
But what does negligence look like when it comes to burn injury claims? Some examples of burn victims who have grounds for a case include:
- A person who was burned by a defective product or piece of machinery
- A person who was burned by a malfunctioning appliance
- A person who was burned in a car crash caused by another driver’s recklessness
- A person burned at work whose employer did not carry workers’ compensation insurance
- A person hurt in a fire while staying in a rented apartment, hotel, or rental property that did not have functioning smoke alarms installed
- A person injured at work due to the negligence of a coworker or third party contractor
- A person who was burned in a fire started by an arsonist
- A person hurt in a fire while inside a building that was not up to code
These are just a few of the many situations in which a burn victim may have grounds for a successful personal injury claim or lawsuit to recover damages such as medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Unsure whether or not your accident could have been caused by negligence? You need to contact an attorney who specializes in burn injuries to find out more.Ready to Speak with a Lawyer? Call Our Expert Attorneys Today
Have you been hurt by a serious burn injury? The top Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have the resources, the expertise, and the track record to take on your burn accident case—and your initial consultation and case review with an accident attorney in Irving are completely free of charge. We’ve specialized in burn accident claims for more than two decades, and we are passionate about defending the legal rights of accident victims however we can and providing help for Irving burn victims.Free Case Review
To learn how we can help you after your accident, fill out our online form or call our office serving Irving at 800-862-1260 to schedule your free consultation with an Irving personal injury lawyer. Let us help you get your life back on track after your injury by helping you get the compensation you deserve.