Jones Act & Offshore Attorney
Carabin Shaw, Personal Injury Attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience litigating Jones Act claims. If you have suffered a personal injury and qualify as a seaman, on a river, lake or offshore and your accident qualifies as a maritime accident, it is covered by the Jones Act. If unfortunately, a loved one has died from such a maritime accident, you should contact us today. With over 20 years of maritime and admiralty law litigation experience, Carabin Shaw is secure in their reputation developed over those years. We are here to make sure that you have the best chance of getting the maximum fair recovery to which you are legally entitled.
If have suffered an injury in an marine or offshore accident, which includes seagoing drilling rigs, shrimp boats, tow boats, fishing boats, tug boats, barges, or other vessels working on the water, you may well be entitled to seek compensation under the provisions of the Jones Act or possibly other maritime law which applies to injuries. A few of the types of personal injury cases that Carabin Shaw litigates include, but certainly are not limited to:
- Injuries and Claims under the Jones Act — Injury law which applies to the negligence of the crew, the owner or the vessel.
- Claims under the Longshoreman and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (*LHWCA) — damages and injuries to dock workers and ship loaders can be included
- Claims under the Death on the High Seas Act (*DOHSA) — Any wrongful death which happens on the high seas can be included
- Public Vessels Act Claims — Any claim for injuries or damages which were caused by a “public vessel” of the U.S., including towing and salvage services can be included
- Claims under the “Suits in Admiralty” Act — Situations which allege that the United States government worsened the situation or caused the damage can be covered. This would include, situations such as when the damage was caused by the actions of the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Corps of Engineers and lock and dam operators
- Unseaworthy Vessel Claim — Personal injury which is contributed to or caused by a sea vessel or ship which was not reasonably and properly equipped to handle the situation at issue, and which might have involved untrained crew, unsafe environment, improper equipment, improper safety gear, and any kind of unsafe environment
- Claims for Diving Accidents — Professional divers (repair or salvage) who got injured while working in the shipyard or on a ship file these types of claims.
For over twenty years, Carabin Shaw has represented Texans in Beaumont and the Gulf Coast region as attorneys for clients who were injured in marine accidents. Our knowledge, experience, and commitment to results have led to many referrals from satisfied clients and other attorneys. For a more complete discussion of why we are the right marine injury law firm for you, call Carabin Shaw today and we will schedule your initial consultation, always free in injury cases.
We are standing by day or night to take your call and get started working on getting you the compensation you deserve.Are you in Beaumont? Were you injured in a Marine or Maritime accident? Give Carabin Shaw a call. We can help. Call us at 409.842.3890.