Kermit 18 Wheeler Accident
18 wheelers are a common sight on Texas roads. If an 18 wheeler accident in Kermit, Texas injured you or a loved one, the Kermit trucking accident attorneys of Carabin Shaw could help secure the compensation you deserve. 18 wheeler accidents are full of complexities, which can leave you dizzy with questions and anxieties. With these sorts of accidents, there are often several parties involved, which makes the process more complicated than the average car accident. Our Kermit 18 wheeler accident lawyers have experience with knowing who to contact in 18 wheeler accidents.
Here is what you need to know about 18 wheeler accidents in Texas.What Causes 18 Wheeler Accidents?
Many reasons contribute to 18 wheeler accidents. These reasons can include:
- Fatigued or overworked drivers
- Faulty parts
- Overweight loads
- Distracted driving
- Drug or alcohol use while driving
These are just a few causes of 18 wheeler accidents. If any of these reasons were the cause of your accident, contact us as soon as possible to get the legal help you deserve.What You Should Do After an Accident
After an accident, it is essential to take these steps:
- Seek medical attention: Some injuries may not be immediately noticeable, but it is still important to go to the hospital or doctor as soon as possible.
- Gather evidence: Make sure to take photos of your car and injuries and get contact information from the truck driver and any witnesses involved. The witnesses’ information will come in handy if your Kermit injury attorney needs to contact them.
- Contact a state attorney: Contacting a Kermit 18 wheeler accident lawyer as soon as possible will help you get a headstart on your case. Often, truck companies have a team of determined lawyers set on paying as little compensation as possible. Our lawyers will fight to get you the justice and money you deserve.
The potential at-fault parties include:
- The truck driver: Negligence is typically the cause of the accident. This careless behavior can include distracted driving, texting while texting, falling asleep at the wheel, and running a red light.
- The trucking company: If the trucking company violated any federal or state regulations or if they have negligent hiring practices, they can be at fault for an accident.
- The manufacturer: A defective product or vehicle might cause an accident, which would put the manufacturer at fault.
- The cargo company: Sometimes truck can be overloaded or improperly loaded, which can result in an accident.
Contacting all of the parties involved in an 18 wheeler accident can be challenging to do by yourself. This issue is why it is crucial to call our Kermit trucking accident attorneys who have experience with these complex accidents.Common Trucking Accident Injuries
These accidents can cause catastrophic accidents, resulting in injuries. The cost of medical rehabilitation, equipment, and lifetime care can be extremely high. If the truck driver were at fault, our Kermit 18 wheeler accident lawyers would ensure that you get the money you deserve.
Common truck injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones
In the worst-case scenario, death can occur. Our attorneys want to make sure that you get the medical attention you deserve while we figure out who is at fault. We also want to determine how much compensation you need so that your medical expenses are well-managed.Connect with a Lawyer Today
If you are your loved one in Kermit, Texas have questions or concerns about an accident with an 18 wheeler, do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
Call Carabin Shaw at 800-862-1260 to talk to one of our experienced lawyers. You can also reach our area office at 432-242-2222.