Kerrville Work Injury Attorneys at Carabin Shaw Law Firm
Suffering a significant work accident in Kerrville, Texas can be catastrophic to both the injured employee and their family. By taking the steps listed below, victims can protect their health and legal rights, and ensure that they receive the compensation they are entitled to.I Was Injured at Work in Kerrville, Texas | What Are My Next Steps? 1. Heal and Recuperate
- The initial shock following a serious trauma may leave some victims unable to function normally on a day-to-day basis. It is incredibly important that in the days and weeks following your work accident to follow your doctor’s orders and prioritize your healing.
- In Texas, you have 30 days from the time of your injury to do so.
- As an injured employee, you must fill out and submit the necessary forms to file a claim for benefits. A professional attorney can then give guidance on what documentation is required and what evidence needs to be presented to support the claim.
- Selecting a trusted, local Texas attorney ensures that you will find legal representation who has experience and knowledge of both the workers’ compensation and personal injury laws and regulations specific to our state. Look for a lawyer who has a track record of successfully representing injured workers, such as the Kerrville work injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw Law Firm. Reading over some client reviews of potential firms is also a must.
- Our work injury attorneys in Texas will assist in filing a workers' compensation claim, gathering and submitting the necessary evidence, communicating with the employer and the insurance company, and representing the employee in court if necessary. A lawyer can also help injured workers understand their rights and the benefits they are entitled to.
Whether you decide to pursue a workers’ compensation claim or a personal injury claim, the following damages are applicable for work-related injuries, illness or disease.
- Medical Expenses
- This can include both temporary and permanent disability expenses, travel required for medical care, and more.
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Miscellaneous costs related to your injury, illness or disease
- Punitive Damages
- These damages are essentially intended to punish the defendant for excessive negligence
- Death benefits
- This compensation can be awarded to a legal beneficiary of a worker killed while performing duties at work.
According to Texas law, your injury needs to be reported to your employer within 30 days. The complexities surrounding the state-specific laws can be overwhelming for the average individual. Having an experienced Kerrville Tx injury lawyer on your side, however, can simplify and streamline the process significantly (in addition to ensuring you receive the maximum compensation possible for your particular case).Free Case Review | Enlist the Help of the Legal Experts at Carabin Shaw Law Firm
As an injured employee in Kerrville, Texas, knowing where to begin in your healing journey may seem difficult. Once you have prioritized your healing and filled your injuries with your employer, though, your next step is simple: enlist the help of the expert Kerrville attorneys at Carabin Shaw.
Our lawyers have decades of experience representing clients across the Lone Star State, and we fight hard on behalf of victims and their families. Read over our client reviews to see for yourself how we have helped individuals just like you. Call toll-free 800-862-1260 to schedule your free initial consultation today. Someone is available to speak with you 24/7 in English or Spanish.