Leading Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents | Texas Law Firm
Every year, hundreds of people get injured due to 18 wheeler accidents in Texas. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2018 there were 465 fatal crashes with truck tractors and semi trailers. 359 of these fatalities happened in rural areas like Ozona, Texas. If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s reckless actions in a trucking accident, you are due fair compensation. At Carabin Shaw, we have years of experience with 18-wheeler accidents. Our Ozona truck accident attorneys know all the complexities of these accidents and will fight to get you the justice you and your family deserve.What are the Leading Causes of Trucking Accidents?
There are many reasons why 18 wheelers get into catastrophic accidents. Here are the leading causes of 18 wheeler accidents our lawyers have observed over the years:
- Driver fatigue - Although there are federal regulations that limit the amount of hours truck drivers can be on the road, some drivers drive past this limit typically due to their employer’s demands. When a truck driver is fatigued, they can easily make catastrophic mistakes on the road.
- Distracted driving - Due to the long stretches of time on the road, some truck drivers may become bored and text or make a call. If a driver is being negligent, our lawyers will be sure to hold the trucking company responsible.
- Trucking company negligence - Some trucking companies may be so eager to hire new drivers that they fail to adequately train their drivers.
- Improperly loaded cargo - If a cargo company fails to properly load their trucks, they can be held accountable for their negligent actions.
- Poor weather conditions - Aside from the size and weight of the trucks, poor weather can also make it additionally difficult for drivers. If a driver refuses to take precautions in heavy weather, they can cause major accidents.
There may also be other factors that contributed to your accident. If you have questions about any of these leading causes or other causes, call our Ozona law firm to go over the details of your accident. There may be multiple parties responsible for your 18 wheeler accident in Ozona and we can hold them accountable and get you fair compensation.What Should I Do After a Trucking Accident?
After an accident, it is important to take these steps if you can:
- File a report - Immediately report the crash to the police. A police report will greatly help your personal injury case.
- See a doctor - If you were seriously injured in an accident, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even minor injuries are important to treat because they can develop into something more serious in the coming days or weeks.
- Document the scene - If you have the opportunity to, you should photograph the scene of the accident and gather any witness contacts. If you cannot, ask a family member or friend to take photos and videos of the vehicles involved and anything else of importance.
- Contact a personal injury attorney - At Carabin Shaw, our team has years of experience with trucking accidents. As soon as you call us, we will begin the investigation, gather evidence, and pursue justice on your behalf.
If You have Been Injured in a 18 wheeler accident in Ozona, You Need Our Team on Your Side
It is difficult to navigate personal injury law on your own which is why it is important to have the aid of one of our Ozona truck accident attorneys on your side. If you live in Ozona, Texas and have been injured in a trucking accident, our attorneys will fight until you get fair compensation.
Call our Ozona law firm at 800-862-1260 if you have any questions about the leading causes of 18 wheeler accidents. We offer a free initial consultation so we can get started right away on your case.