Louisiana Burn Injury Statistics | Baton Rouge Personal Injury Attorneys
Severe fire and burn accidents happen with startling frequency in Baton Rouge LA. The American Burn Association estimates that close to 450,000 individuals suffer burn injuries that will require medical treatment each year. Among these, some 3,500 victims lose their lives as a result of a severe fire or burn accident. Louisiana burn injury statistics indicate that some of the most common sources of burn injuries in the state include refinery and industrial accidents, as well as car, truck, and boating accidents.
When another entity’s negligence has caused or contributed to a burn accident, victims may be able to file personal injury lawsuits that allow them to recover their damages. By working with a Baton Rouge personal injury attorney, victims can better assess the causes of their accidents, and estimate the potential value of their claims. With the help of the Louisiana attorneys at Carabin Shaw, victims can be assured that they’ll recover the compensation they need to begin their recoveries.How Common Are Burn Injuries?
Accidents resulting in catastrophic burn injuries happen more frequently than most people realize. The following is a list of some of the most important burn injury-related statistics that residents of Baton Rouge LA should be aware of:
- Approximately 450,000 Americans suffer burn injuries severe enough to require medical treatment each year.
- Among these victims, an estimated 3,500 lose their lives to a fire or burn accident annually.
- About 45,000 Americans are hospitalized each year for burn-related injuries. Among these, approximately 25,000 receive treatment in specialized burn facilities.
- Among those hospitalized for burns, 44% attribute injuries to fire/flame, 33% to hot liquid/steam, 9% to contact, 4% to electrical, 3% to chemical, and 7% to “other.”
- An estimated 68% of burn injuries occur in private homes, while 10% happen in workplace environments.
- Fires and burns represent the third leading cause of unintentional death among children under the age of 14.
- 20% of all burn injuries occur among children under the age of five.
While the statistics related to burn injuries are startling, burn injury lawyers in Baton Rouge are available to help in the aftermath of an accident. Working with a qualified attorney is the best way to ensure that responsible parties are held accountable for their contributions to your accident.What to Do After a Burn Accident
The first step after any burn accident should always be to seek appropriate medical treatment as quickly as possible. Too many individuals forgo treatment for their burns and suffer infections or other long-term complications as a result. While burn victims may have the option to file a personal injury claim independently, there are many benefits to working with a qualified lawyer.
When victims meet with a Baton Rouge personal injury attorney, they will have a trained professional help them to assess the circumstances of their accidents, as well as identify the parties that may be liable for them. To do this, lawyers will work to conduct in-depth investigations as well as collect evidence that may be important for a victim’s claim. When multiple parties share responsibility for an accident, burn injury lawyers in Baton Rouge can work to ensure that each entity is held accountable and that victims maximize their claims.The Trusted Law Firm for Baton Rouge Burn Injuries | Free Consultation
If you or a loved one have been injured in a fire or burn accident, don’t wait to speak with a Louisiana attorney at Carabin Shaw about the future of your claim. Carabin Shaw has been fighting on behalf of burn victims for nearly three decades, and we always do everything we can for our clients to get them the justice they deserve.
Call us at 800-862-1260 to get started with a free case review.