Negligent Actions that Cause Burn Injuries
Are you or a loved one among the hundreds of victims of severe burns in Odessa Texas? Every year, this West Texas city is the setting for dangerous burn accidents costing thousands of dollars in damages.
Victims and their families may find themselves drowning in debt with nowhere to turn. The financial costs, however, may pale in comparison to the immense pain burn victims suffer for months or years after their accident. When these losses are caused by the negligence of others, burn victims or their families should file a burn injury lawsuit against any responsible parties.
If you require assistance establishing negligence in your burn injury claim, the Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw can provide the resources necessary to determine who was responsible for your burn injuries. Give us a call today to hear how we can help you receive the compensation you deserve.Establishing Negligence in Your Burn Injury Claim
Determining the responsible parties for your burn accidents decides who will be held financially liable for your injuries. In order to establish negligence in your burn injury claim, your Odessa personal injury attorney must prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant failed to honor this duty of care
- This breach in duty directly caused your burn injuries
- There is legal precedent to hold them financially accountable for your injuries
Establishing negligence often requires an experienced, creative, and passionate attorney. It is all the more important, then, that you find the right burn injury lawyer in Odessa to represent your claim. Look for attorneys with prior experience representing burn victims like you and a record of negotiating fair financial settlements.Examples of Negligence Resulting in Burn Injuries
There are countless examples of negligent individuals or groups directly causing severe burn injuries. However, some of the most common negligent actions that cause burn injuries in Odessa Texas include:
- An employer who fails to abide by OSHA guidelines, exposing employees to dangerous working conditions
- A coworker whose negligence causes an oil spill on the job site
- An appliance manufacturer who knowingly or negligently sells defective products
- A drunk driver who causes a collision that results in a combustion
- A landlord or property owner who does not abide by state fire codes
- A medical professional who fails to properly protect patients from X-ray radiation
- An individual who accidentally starts a fire that spreads to other homes or apartments
- A caretaker whose failure to supervise results in your child’s scald burns
- A corporation whose failure to properly dispose of waste causes widespread chemical burns in their community
- A business proprietor who does not provide clear, accessible fire exits on their property
If your burn injuries were caused by any of the above negligent parties, you have the right to seek fair compensation and potential punitive damages in a burn injury lawsuit. Contact a qualified burn injury lawyer as soon as possible to begin the process of filing your claim.Contact the Texas Burn Injury Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
The Odessa personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw are dedicated to winning burn injury victims the financial settlements they deserve. With our thirty years of experience, specialty practice areas in personal injury law, and “client-first” philosophy from consultation to settlement, we are the best choice for burn victims and their families.Free Case Evaluation
We would be happy to provide you with more information regarding your eligibility to file a burn injury claim today. Call our office toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with on of our burn injury lawyers in Odessa.