Next Steps After a Serious Burn Injury in Fort Worth
In Fort Worth, serious burn injuries happen all too often. Car accidents, workplace injuries, apartment fires, and workplace accidents are a few of the many ways people in the United States experience burn injuries every day. Annually, nearly 500,000 Americans receive medical treatment for a burn injury.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, you need a Fort Worth burn injury attorney to fight on your side. Our Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw have decades of experience working burn injury cases and helping victims get justice after someone else’s negligence caused their suffering.Accidents That Could Cause a Serious Burn Injury
Unfortunately, burn injuries can happen almost anywhere. Accidents that lead to burn injuries can happen at home, at work, or when you’re on the go. Below are some of the most common accidents that lead to burn injuries in Fort Worth:
- Car accidents - One of the leading causes of burn injuries is car accidents. When two vehicles collide, their fuel tanks could leak gas that may catch fire. If a passenger is stuck inside a vehicle when fuel ignites, it could lead to catastrophic burns. The damage done by car accidents can range from mild to severe, so it’s important to visit a doctor if you believe you’ve suffered serious burn injuries.
- Defective products - Defective products are another primary cause of burn injuries. Malfunctioning products can overheat or explode, having disastrous consequences. When negligent product design causes an accident, the manufacturer can be held liable for damages. To learn more, speak with a personal injury lawyer serving Fort Worth.
- Workplace accidents - When an accident occurs in the workplace, you are entitled to damages. Typically, your employer will offer you workers’ comp to pay for your medical bills and loss of income. If, however, your employer doesn’t have workers’ comp, you can file a lawsuit against them to recover compensation. Sometimes, an employee or corporate defendant other than your employer causes your accident. When someone besides your employer is responsible for your injuries, you can sue them, and our lawyers can help.
When you have suffered a serious burn, you need to take action. After contacting emergency responders, you need to take these next steps after a serious burn injury in Fort Worth:
- Seek medical attention - When you suffer a burn injury, you should receive medical attention for everything worse than a first degree burn. A doctor will be able to diagnose the severity of your burns and get you on the road to recovery.
- Collect evidence - To win your lawsuit, you’ll need to prove that someone was negligent and their negligence directly caused your injuries. The more evidence you have, the better chance you have of making your case. A Fort Worth burn injury attorney will know what evidence you need and how to use it to maximize your case’s potential.
- Contact an attorney - Working with a reputable law firm is your best bet on winning the compensation you deserve. With years of experience and a deep knowledge of the laws surrounding your case, they’ll know how to fight for you.
- Negotiate a settlement - Most cases are settled pre-trial. To get fair compensation, you need someone on your side that can properly estimate the value of your case and use the evidence you have to negotiate a just settlement. When you go to trial, there’s always the risk that you lose and earn no compensation at all.
No one deserves to be injured because of the negligence of another. If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, a personal injury lawyer serving Fort Worth can help. The Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw always vow to do everything in their power to get the job done for our clients.Free Case Review
Call today at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form for a free consultation.