Next Steps After Being Hit by an 18 Wheeler in South Texas
As you may or may not know, 18 wheelers are some of the most dangerous trucks on Rio Grande Valley roads. This is because when an accident with an 18 wheeler occurs, it can lead to disastrous injuries. Truck drivers and companies need to be held accountable for their actions. If you have been in an 18 wheeler accident, you need a Rio Grande Valley 18 wheeler accident attorney on your side.What Should I Do After an 18 Wheeler Accident?
After an accident with an 18 wheeler, you may be stressed about medical bills and overwhelmed about what you need to do next. Here is what the experts at Carabin Shaw want you to know about your next steps after being hit by an 18 wheeler in South Texas.
- Seek medical attention immediately. It should go without saying that your health should be your top priority. If your injuries are severe, call an ambulance immediately.
- Contact the police. After an accident, it is important to file a police report, even if the accident was minor. This is because a police report is essential for legal claims.
- Collect evidence. Sometimes a trucking company will send people to clean up an accident scene so that they won’t have to be held accountable for their actions. Make sure to take photos and videos of the accident scene.
- Contact a Rio Grande Valley trucking accident attorney. 18 wheeler accidents are much more complex than other accidents, and our lawyers have years of experience with trucking accidents. We know who to hold liable and will fight to get you fair compensation.
Truck companies have teams of lawyers who are prepared to defend their company’s money. Get in contact with one of our accident attorneys so that we can figure out which parties are liable.Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents
To figure out who is liable for your injuries, it is essential to know what the cause of the accident was. Here are some common 18 wheeler accident causes our attorneys have seen over the years:
- Negligent driving - If a truck driver was speeding, fatigued, or under the influence, they can be held accountable.
- Improper training and hiring - Truck companies also have a responsibility for their drivers. If they improperly trained their drivers or hired their drivers without properly vetting them, our Rio Grande Valley accident attorneys will hold the employer responsible.
- Faulty equipment - Malfunctioning brakes or faulty tires can sometimes be the cause of a devastating 18 wheeler accident.
- Improperly or overloaded cargo - If an 18 wheeler is improperly loaded, it can pose serious risks for the driver and others on the road.
- Truck maintenance - If a trucking company does not meet maintenance standards, they will be held accountable for your injuries.
Due to the size and weight of 18 wheelers, the risk of catastrophic vehicle damage and personal injuries are much higher. These injuries may include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Wrongful death
If you have been severely hurt, you might have expensive medical bills and lost wages due to your injuries, and trucking companies will try to get away with paying you as little as possible. Our Rio Grande Valley 18 wheeler accident attorney will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.Our Rio Grande Valley accident attorneys are here to help YOU
At Carabin Shaw, we value individuals, not corporations. We know how stressful accidents can be and we want to help you relieve some of that stress. If you live in the Rio Grande Valley, we have offices in both McAllen and Brownsville. Call us at 956-664-7255 today for a free initial consultation with one of our Rio Grande Valley trucking accident attorneys. Se habla Español.
You do not have to suffer due to someone else’s carelessness. We are here to help you with your next steps after being hit by an 18 wheeler in South Texas.