Next Steps After You Suspect Medical Malpractice in Odessa
Medical malpractice can severely alter your quality of life, as well as continue to affect your family after the fact. Some of the most common forms of negligence in Odessa that typically involve some level of doctor negligence include:
- Error during surgery
- Birth complications
- Delayed diagnosis
- Wrongful medication dosage
As soon as you can recognize your case as one of Odessa medical malpractice, the process of filing a settlement begins. Doctors are required to provide appropriate informed consent to their patients regarding treatment options and uphold a standard duty of care related to their condition. When these things do not happen, and your condition worsens because of it, that is when it becomes malpractice. In these cases, the doctor can be held responsible for all loss and damage associated with their actions.What You Should Do After Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice attorneys serving Odessa can help you file a successful claim, but you have to do your part as well. The next steps after you suspect medical malpractice in Odessa include:
- Recognize Your Situation as Malpractice
- From the moment you seek a doctor’s opinion or accept their suggestion for optimal treatment options, you should also remain conscious of your situation. Stay alert, hold your physician accountable when necessary, and don’t let malpractice go on unnoticed.
- Don’t Lash Out
- Many people’s first instinct is to contact the doctor or hospital and try to take action alone. Other people may rant about what happened on the internet. However, in today’s world, the truth is that you never know when these will come back to bite you later on.
- Compile/Gather Evidence
- Anything you can do to strengthen your case by providing proof of your injuries and any worsening condition that ensues after a case of Odessa medical malpractice.
- Hire an Attorney
- An experienced legal voice is an essential way to protect yourself against insurance companies and other third parties.
If you don’t have experience with legal procedures, figuring out how to hold the right people responsible can seem almost impossible. Even so, a legal professional should help you address medical malpractice and misdiagnosis in Odessa as quickly as possible. He or she can ensure you receive compensation for your damages.
There are many things that you may not understand about filing a successful lawsuit. Insurance companies are not your friends, and doctors and their lawyers will do all they can to minimize liability. A skilled lawyer can navigate this terrain with ease and ensure you receive adequate compensation.Call an Odessa Medical Malpractice Lawyer with Carabin Shaw Today
If you are one of the thousands of Texans dealing with a case of physician mistreatment, do not fear. The attorneys of Carabin Shaw can help you obtain financial compensation for your damages. Your case’s value typically includes any costs associated with:
- Extended hospital and medical expenses
- Additional medical treatment
- Prolonged loss of wages from an inability to return to work
- Job loss
- Pain and suffering
As you proceed with a settlement, one of our medical malpractice attorneys serving Odessa can help you gather your evidence and estimate your claim’s worth. We will fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
At Carabin Shaw, we want to secure restitution for all clients, and we know we are the best legal team in the business.
We have lawyers standing by to take your call and answer all your questions about Odessa medical malpractice at our toll-free number, 1-800-862-1260. You can also contact us today at our Odessa offices at 432-620-0544 to set up a free initial consultation. Let us help you today.