Oilfield Accident Lawyers Serving Andrews, Texas
Texas enjoys a booming economy due in large part to the oil industry in West Texas and in the Panhandle. The community of Andrews, Texas is situated between these two oil rich regions, and though the oil industry has brought a significant economic boost and jobs to the citizens of Andrews, it comes with some disadvantages. Oilfield accidents have increased substantially in Texas and when they occur, they are rarely small events. In fact, most oilfield accidents are catastrophic and can lead to severe injury or even death.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that between the years 2008-2017, 1,566 deaths occurred in the oil and gas industry alone, and from 2007-2012, 40% of those deaths took place on Texas oil fields. And as the industry continues to grow, there will only lead to more accidents. If you’ve been in an accident on an oil field, you may need the services of a good lawyer.Causes of Oilfield Accidents
The Andrews work injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw are experts in this field. Oilfield accidents are complex and can be caused by a number of underlying, yet often preventable issues. Our lawyers work for you, not the oil industry, and the Andrews oilfield injury lawyers are trained to fully investigate each accident to determine who should be held responsible. Below are only a few of the many causes of oilfield accidents:
- Improper inspections. Compared to offshore oil rigs, some onshore fields are using both outdated technology and outdated practices. Yet it is difficult for the government to enforce codes when the equipment is not up to the highest standards.
- Reduced penalties. OSHA is an agency that regulates worksite safety. Even though they may identify and penalize a company for improper safety standards, they are known for reducing penalties for infractions. This encourages companies to take chances with safety, knowing they will not be severely penalized.
- Insufficient training. Inspectors should be experts on an expansive range of onshore and offshore drilling equipment. It is unrealistic and workers assigned to the rigs are putting their lives in the hands of inspectors who simply can not keep up with changing standards.
With all of the complexity of a workplace accident, don’t make the mistake of working with a lawyer from an out-of-state law firm. Our team of oilfield accident lawyers serving Andrews, Texas is local. They know the tremendously high value of the oil industry in Texas as well as its complicated regulations and requirements.Have You Been Involved in an Oilfield Accident?
Have you or a loved one been involved in an oilfield accident in Andrews, Texas? Has there been significant physical injuries or even death? Andrews accident lawyers want to help you identify the leading cause and get you the compensation you deserve.
If you have suffered any of the following the while on the job, the Andrews accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw can help:
- Broken bones from a falls
- Spinal injuries from a fall
- Brain injuries from traumatic blunt force
- Burns due to an explosions
- Machinery entanglements
- Poisoning due to poor ventilation
- Eye injuries
Even if your insurance company covers medical expenses, an attorney can determine if you are entitled to further compensation if you were injured while working on an oilfield. An Andrews oilfield injury lawyer can help you recover loss wages and possibly compensate you for any pain, suffering, and mental anguish you have suffered.When Is It Time To Hire an Andrews Work Injury Lawyer?
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident, oilfield accident lawyers serving Andrews, Texas can help you get back on your feet. Our expertly trained team of attorneys at Carabin Shaw have won $1 billion for our clients, and we pride ourselves on fighting for the citizens of Andrews, Texas. Call us toll-free at 800-862-1260 or call our Midland office at 432-620-0544 today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a lawyer.