Oilfield Accidents & Injuries that Frequently Occur | New Mexico Injury Attorneys
Working in the Carlsbad oilfield can earn employees large salaries, but it also means working long hours in a dangerous environment. Over 4,000 oil and gas workers suffer injuries every year, which shows oilfield employees are always at risk. If you or a loved one has been injured in the oilfield, a lawyer can make sure you get the compensation you deserve. At Carabin Shaw, we listen to our clients’ stories and build strong cases based on their unique circumstances. Every Carlsbad oilfield accident lawyer at our firm knows how to negotiate with oil companies and make them pay for the damages they have done. We can help if you’ve been the victim of oilfield accidents & injuries that frequently occur.Common Oilfield Accidents
In the oilfield, accidents can occur for a number of reasons, but the following are the most common types of accidents:
- Fires - Whenpressurized gas erupts on an oil rig, it can come into contact with sparks, which can create an oil well fire. The large amount of fuel that can be ignited means fires in the oil field quickly get out of control. A wild fire in the oilfield puts employees at serious risk of severe burns or even death. If you or a loved one has been injured by fire on an oil rig, talk to a Carlsbad injury lawyer.
- Explosions - Oilfield explosions happen when burning vapors build up extreme pressure that eventually explode, posing a serious threat for oilfield employees. Although there are pressure systems made to prevent explosions, they sometimes fail, which can lead to disaster. If employees are in the general vicinity when an explosion happens, they can sustain serious injuries, such as broken bones, head injuries, burns, and more.
- Insufficient Training - The intense working environment and operation of heavy equipment makes an undertrained worker a serious hazard for himself and other employees. One minor mistake can quickly turn into a major catastrophe. Talk to a Carlsbad oilfield accident lawyer if an improperly trained employee caused your injury.
- Equipment Failure - The upkeep of heavy machinery is crucial to the safety of an oil rig. When equipment fails, it has serious consequences. If oil companies fail to maintain their machinery up to safety standards, employees may be injured. An attorney can help you if you were injured by equipment failure.
When accidents occur in the oilfield, employees suffer the consequences. Common oilfield injuries include:
- Head injuries - Types of head injuries include brain injuries, facial lacerations, and concussions. Damage to the head could pose long-term threats to an employee’s health. In the worst cases, brain injury could mean an employee is no longer able to care for themselves.
- Back and neck injuries - Heavy lifting and slippery conditions mean oilfield workers are prone to neck and back injuries. Additionally, explosions or equipment failure could cause serious back and neck injury to employees. If you have suffered back or neck injuries in the oilfield, an oilfield injury attorney in Carlsbad, New Mexico can help.
- Eye injuries - Without eye protection, employees are at risk of eye damage. The constant debris in the field means eyes could be cut or scraped, and fumes from chemicals can cause serious eye injuries.
If you’ve sustained injuries in the oilfield, talking to a lawyer could change your life.What You Should Do
When an accident occurs in the Carlsbad oilfield, employees are likely to get injured. Unfortunately, many of these accidents are preventable, but poor practices by employers means disasters happen when they shouldn’t. At Carabin Shaw, we want to do everything in our power to get justice for those who have suffered. A Carlsbad injury lawyer at our firm can help. Let an attorney at our firm hear your case and work with you to win the compensation you deserve. Speak with a Carlsbad oilfield accident lawyer today by calling us at 915-779-2301.