Personal Injury Burn Settlements
If you or a loved one have suffered a severe burn injury in San Angelo Tx, it is important to explore your options with the help of a qualified San Angelo burn injury lawyer. You may be eligible to seek fair compensation for your damages.
The state of Texas requires accident victims to file a personal injury claim within two years of the date of the accident or forfeit their right to seek compensation, so contact the Texas attorneys at Carabin Shaw today to begin the filing process.Common Burn Injuries
The details of your burn injuries will affect the type of lawsuit your lawyer will file as well as the amount of your personal injury burn settlement. According to the American Burn Association, the following burn injuries were the most frequently seen in hospitals nationwide:
- 43% fire and flame burns
- 34% scald injuries
- 9% contact burns
- 4% electrical burns
- 3% chemical burns
- 7% other (including friction and cold burns)
These statistics suggest that burn injuries caused by fires and explosions and scalding injuries from boiling liquids are the most common burn injuries suffered in America every year. However, thousands of victims nationwide suffer serious electrical, chemical, and other forms of burn injuries.
Whatever the type of burn, victims deserve to be represented by a qualified personal injury attorney in San Angelo Texas to get the compensation they deserve.Burn Injury Statistics in the U.S.
Examining burn injury statistics helps experts determine the risk factors of various burn injury scenarios. Experienced burn injury attorneys can apply their knowledge of burn injury statistics and personal injury law to build the strongest personal injury claim possible.
To begin, it is important to understand statistics regarding hospitalization for burn injuries. In statistics covering 2005-2014, the American Burn Association reported that:
- Of all burn victims who received treatment for their injuries at a hospital, 68% were male and 32% were female.
- 73% of all burn injuries occurred in the home, 8% in the workplace, and 5% on the road.
- Because injuries caused by home fires are by far the most common, there is significant emphasis on analyzing these injuries. The 2020 National Fire Protection Association report found that in 2019:
- Fire departments responded to calls every 24 seconds.
- A dangerous fire in the home occurs every 93 seconds.
- 3,700 Americans were killed in fires with another 16,600 injured.
- Fires and explosions caused approximately $14.8 billion in property damage.
The state of Texas is not immune to these startling burn injury trends. Some of the statistics that show the dangers of burn injuries for Texas citizens include:
- In 2020, 107 Texans died in a home fire. So far in 2021, 56 have already been lost to these tragic accidents.
- Burn injuries are the fourth leading cause of unintentional death for children under nine years of age statewide.
- Texas continues to lead nationwide in occupational burn injuries. Many of these occupational burns take place on the many oil fields statewide where workers are surrounded by highly flammable fossil fuels.
If you are searching for a personal injury attorney in San Angelo Texas, contact the firm of Carabin Shaw to learn more about our team of experienced burn injury attorneys. For three decades, we have helped victims of severe burn injuries and their families seek the compensation they deserve. We are honored to serve the citizens of San Angelo.
Are you interested in taking the next step towards your burn injury financial settlement? Our San Angelo burn injury lawyers are proud to offer no-cost, no-obligation initial consultations to burn victims in San Angelo Tx. To schedule your case review, call our office toll-free at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online contact form.