Questions to Ask Your Potential Auto Accident Attorney in Victoria, Texas
After an auto accident in Victoria, you may not know what to do. Many people will think to hire a Victoria car accident lawyer, but knowing which one makes sense for you is sometimes hard to determine. One way to find out is to ask the right questions. Understanding their process and intentions is essential in determining if a law firm is right for you.
At Carabin Shaw, we love hearing what our clients have to say, and we also want to make sure we can support you in the best way possible. Representation is a mutual relationship, so open communication from the start is essential. Ultimately, we want you to know you’re in the right hands after speaking with a lawyer, which is why we’ve put together a list of questions to ask your potential auto accident attorney in Victoria, Texas.Questions to Ask After an Auto Accident
Finding the right lawyer for you and your case is critical. You want Texas personal injury attorneys that have a winning record and can give you the service you deserve. When getting to know a car wreck attorney in Victoria, TX, here are some crucial questions to ask:
- What type of law does your firm specialize in? Although many lawyers are probably capable of working your case, you want Victoria auto injury lawyers with experience in working car accidents. They can bring specialized skills and knowledge that will maximize your compensation. Your best bet is a lawyer whose primary area of practice is personal injury law.
- Will you be the Victoria car accident lawyer working my case? The lawyer you meet with will not always be the one working your case. You may think you’ve found the perfect candidate, but once the lawsuit begins, a paralegal or junior lawyer may handle the majority of your case. Although they may be qualified and do a good job, they may not be who you thought you were getting. It never hurts to ask.
- Do you work on a contingency fee basis? Getting paid on contingency means a lawyer only gets paid if they win. They usually take a percentage of your final settlement (20-40%). Attorneys who charge by the hour could become financially burdensome alongside the costs associated with the accident, so it is best to check before committing to anyone.
- How can I help my case be successful? There is a common misconception that once you hire an attorney, your work is done. On the contrary, you will need to be proactive in your case and work alongside your representation to get the proper medical exams, talk to investigators, and be in regular communication with your firm until the matter is resolved.
- How long will it take to finish my case? The bills after an auto accident can pile up quickly, especially if you are seriously injured and unable to return to work, so you’ll want to know how long your case will last. Although numerous variables affect how long it will take to finish a suit, an experienced Victoria car accident lawyer can usually give you an accurate estimate.
A car wreck in Victoria can be life-altering, so it’s critical to make sure you get the proper compensation for your tragedy. The questions to ask your potential auto accident attorney in Victoria, TX are the best way to learn who makes sense for you. At Carabin Shaw, we believe relationships with clients depend on mutual trust, so we are always happy to answer any questions. This dedication to you and your loved ones is why we offer free consultations 24/7. Our Texas personal injury attorneys want to make sure you feel safe. Our commitment is to victims and their families. Your best potential Victoria auto injury lawyers are just a phone call away.
Call us at 361-485-1400 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.