Roswell Oil Field Accident
Accidents in the Roswell, New Mexico oilfield can cause serious injuries or death, and on average, there are between approximately 2,400 and 4,700 injuries in the oilfield every year in the United States. If you or a loved one has been injured in the oilfield, you should consult a Roswell oilfield accident lawyer. They’ll advise you on how to recover from an oilfield accident, which will ensure your well-being, as well as maximize your chances for winning compensation.
Roswell attorney James Shaw has been fighting for victims of oilfield accidents for nearly three decades, and he prides himself on his dedication to every one of his clients, always putting their needs first to get them justice.What to do After an Oilfield Accident
After you’ve suffered from an oilfield accident, an experienced lawyer will tell you to take the following steps:
- Let your supervisor know
- When you’re involved in an accident, it is extremely important to inform your supervisor about it as soon as possible. If you are trying to recover money via worker’s comp, it could be essential. Notifying your supervisor is critical for your accident case because it documents the exact time of your accident, which can be important for proving the connection between your accident and your injuries. Talk to a Roswell injury attorney to learn more.
- File a report
- Once you have notified your supervisor, you should file a written report. It’s not enough just to make an oral statement. For the benefit of your case, you’ll want the circumstances documented in writing. There should be forms at your work site, on which you’ll answer questions and state the facts about what happened. Often, the window of time for filing this type of paperwork is very small, so you should prioritize filing an accident report to make sure you get the compensation you’re rightfully owed.
- Get proper medical care
- Your health is the most important concern, so no matter what, you should visit a doctor or hospital after your accident. This checkup will ensure you get a proper medical evaluation to assess any injuries you’ve sustained. Your visit will also be documented in your medical records, which your attorney will use to connect your injuries to your accident. Remember that if you don’t seek medical attention immediately after the accident, your employer may try to argue that your injuries were not actually caused by your accident.
- Collect evidence
- To win your case, you’ll need enough evidence to prove the accident caused your injuries and someone should pay for your damages. The accident report and your medical record will be critical to your case, but you may need more. If you are able to, take photographs at the scene of the accident and get the contact information for any witnesses. Then, as soon as possible, write down your own account of what happened, which will be valuable later.
- Don’t settle
- You will likely be contacted by insurers after an oilfield accident, and you should never take their first offer without consulting a Roswell oilfield accident lawyer. Insurers are driven by profit, so the less they settle with you for, the more money they’re able to pocket. If you must talk to them, make sure to stick to the facts and never admit fault.
Knowing how to recover from an oilfield accident is important, and the final step in the process is winning compensation. In this regard, you’ll need a Roswell injury attorney to help you assess the value of your case, and help you recover the damages you are owed.
Roswell attorney James Shaw has been a managing partner at Carabin Shaw for 28 years, a firm that has won over $1 billion for their clients and has been named a top ten law firm in client satisfaction. If you want the justice you deserve, contact Carabin Shaw today at 1-800-555-0101 for a free consultation.