Settlement Value of Burn Injuries
Severe burns that cover a wide area of the body or penetrate through multiple layers of the skin often necessitate expensive medical treatments, such as surgeries, skin grafts, and burn center stays. But if your burn accident in Frisco occurred due to another person or company’s negligence, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to receive substantial damages.
Read on to learn the basics of burn negligence settlements, the benefits of hiring Frisco burn injury lawyers, and how to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Frisco Texas.What is the Average Settlement Value of Burn Injuries?
If a burn injury is caused by the negligence of a person, company, or other party, the victim has grounds to file a personal injury claim against the liable party for damages. These damages may include:
- Costs of medical treatments, hospital stays, surgeries, and other medical expenses incurred by the injury
- Lost income from missed work
- Future loss of income due to lost earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- And more
You may be wondering, “What is the average settlement for a burn accident claim?” However, the top Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw agree that looking at averages is not generally a helpful way to estimate what your case is worth accident settlement values are entirely determined by the circumstances of the individual accident and its severity.
Generally speaking, the more serious your burn injury and the more it has impacted your life, the more you will likely be eligible to receive in damages. Victims whose burns have resulted in permanent disability will likely qualify for the highest settlement values, since their injuries will impact their ability to earn a living for the rest of their lives.
Burn accident settlements vary greatly in value, and only a qualified lawyer can give you an accurate estimate of your settlement’s potential value.Who Can Be Held Liable After a Burn Injury?
There are many parties who may be potentially held liable after a serious burn injury. Some examples include:
- A property owner or landlord who failed to install working smoke detectors
- An appliance or product manufacturer whose defective product resulted in a burn
- A building owner whose property was not up to the fire code
- A person whose reckless actions such as improperly disposing of a cigarette resulted in a serious fire
- A clothing manufacturer whose garment did not meet flammability standards
- An employer who failed to offer employees with workers’ compensation insurance coverage
- A car manufacturer whose vehicle spilled fuel and caused a fire during a crash
- And more
If you’re unsure whether or not negligence caused your burn injury, the next step is to consult with a Texas attorney, who will investigate the causes of the accident and discover whether you have grounds for a claim.Have You Been Hurt in a Burn Accident? Contact a Qualified Lawyer Today
If you’ve suffered a serious burn injury in an accident, you need to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your next steps and your legal options. Insurance companies work diligently to avoid paying out costly settlements, and will often try to give you less money than you truly deserve—so you need to contact a lawyer before accepting any settlement offers or signing away your rights. The top Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and we want to help you however we can.Free Case Review
To schedule your free initial consultation and case review with one of our Frisco burn injury lawyers, call our office serving Frisco at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form. Don’t wait—find out what a talented personal injury attorney in Frisco Texas can do for you today.