Significant Injuries After a Texas Trucking Accident
A trucking accident can have serious consequences. Trucks are much larger than passenger vehicles, which makes them inherently more dangerous to other drivers on the road. Anyone involved in an 18 wheeler accident in San Angelo, Texas is at risk for serious injuries. If you or a loved one has experienced significant injuries after a Texas trucking accident, please know that there is help.
Our team at Carabin Shaw is dedicated to fighting for Texans injured by trucks and getting them justice. We’ve won over $1 billion for our clients because we give all that we have to every case we work. Our 18 wheeler accident attorneys in San Angelo know how to beat big trucking companies and get you the money you deserve.The Danger of 18 Wheelers
18 wheelers are inherently dangerous because of their size and weight. Consider this: the average passenger vehicle weighs around 3,000 lbs, whereas a loaded big rig truck can weigh 80,000 lbs or more. The immense disparity in size between passenger vehicles and 18 wheelers means a trucking crash in San Angelo for any passenger of a regular car might result in serious injury or death. If you’ve been hurt in a trucking accident, be sure to talk to an attorney.Trucking Accident Serious Injuries
Some of the most serious accidents in San Angelo, Texas involve 18 wheelers. Below is a list of significant injuries after a Texas trucking accident:
- Head and brain injuries. 18 wheeler accidents often lead to serious head injuries. Head and brain injuries can range from minor concussions, to life-altering head trauma, depending on the severity of the accident. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) can have life-long consequences and, in the worst cases, lead to death. Talk to a lawyer to learn more.
- Spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the spinal cord can cause victims excruciating pain, and can sometimes lead to paralysis. Even if the injuries aren’t permanent, they can take a long time to heal and may require rehabilitation therapy. If you’ve suffered a spinal injury, San Angelo personal injury lawyers can help.
- Burns. Burns happen more often in crashes with 18 wheelers than a wreck between two passenger vehicles because the impact of the crash has a higher chance of rupturing a fuel tank. Burns can cause scarring and in some instances leave victims disfigured for life.
- Neck and back injuries. Some of the most common injuries in an 18 wheeler wreck are neck and back injuries. The extent of these injuries can vary from mild to severe.
- Broken bones and amputations. The sheer force of impact can shatter bones, including the ribs, arms, legs, and more. In severe wrecks, limbs might be crushed or burned and need to be amputated.
- Internal injuries. A wreck can cause internal damage to organs like the spleen, liver, pancreas, kidneys, and others. These injuries can have life-long consequences. If you’ve suffered internal injuries, call a lawyer.
- Wrongful death. In the worst circumstances, a trucking crash in San Angelo can lead to the death of the victim. If your loved one died in an 18 wheeler accident, our San Angelo personal injury lawyers can be there for you.
A trucking accident can be devastating. It can alter your life forever. On top of the pain and suffering, the bills start piling up, and you deserve compensation for your losses. At Carabin Shaw, we make trucking companies pay. We never represent them, only the innocent people like you that have been harmed because of their negligence. If you’re looking for the best 18 wheeler accident attorneys in San Angelo to fight for you, we’re here. Call us today at (432) 620-0544 to speak to an attorney at our firm.