Suffering After a Jackknife Accident? Talk to an Experienced Louisiana Lawyer
Because Louisiana is a busy thoroughfare for 18 wheelers traveling cross-country, trucking accidents in Louisiana are, unfortunately, not uncommon. And as you can probably imagine, an accident involving a big rig can be much more dangerous than an accident between two passenger vehicles because of the size, weight, and speed in which they travel. Injuries from accidents involving a truck can be costly and the recovery can be lengthy, especially if the truck jackknifed. In addition, this type of accident can involve many different parties, and it can be difficult to determine who is at fault.
The Louisiana 18 wheeler accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw are experts at investigating truck accidents to determine the cause of these wrecks and who should be financially responsible. Are you suffering after a jackknife accident? Talk to an experienced Louisiana lawyer as soon as possible.What Causes a Jackknife Accident?
This type of severe accident occurs when the truck is going at a different rate of speed than its trailer, causing them to skid in different directions. This happens when the driver completely loses control of their vehicle. There are many causes of this severe type of trucking accident, and it is very often due to someone else’s negligence. With the help of an attorney, your case can be investigated and you could receive financial compensation.
Here are a few situations where a truck can jackknife:
- Improper brake maintenance or adjustment: If the brakes are applied too hard to a bad set of brakes, the axles will lock causing the truck to stop, but not the trailer.
- Traveling too fast: A trailer can weigh up to 80,000 lbs when fully loaded, and the weight discrepancies between the trailer and the truck will cause the two to slow down at different rates.
- Bad road conditions: Improperly maintained roadways can cause uneven surfaces and reduce contact between the road and the tires. This can cause truck tires to skid and slide.
- Driver inexperience: A novice driver may not understand the weight distribution in a large truck and they can lose control easily.
- Driver fatigue: A tired, overworked driver may not be paying enough attention when road conditions change or when they approach a situation that requires them to brake unsafely.
Jackknife accidents are particularly dangerous because they can take up several lanes of highway and involve several vehicles. When an accident involves many different parties, it is imperative to have a Louisiana injury attorney on your side. With the support of Counsel of Carabin Shaw, Berit Hanna you can be confident knowing your case is in good hands.Are You Suffering After a Jackknife Accident? Talk to an Experienced Louisiana Lawyer
Survivors of jackknife accidents often have severe injuries and require financial and emotional help to recover. Your lawyer will fight for you and only you. If you or a loved one have suffered any of the following, contact the Louisiana injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw to get the compensation you deserve:
- Back and neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Rib and torso injuries
- Lacerations and bruises
- Internal injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Spinal cord injury
- Emotional anguish
Louisiana 18 wheeler accident attorneys will not let you suffer due to someone else’s negligence. You need the support of Counsel of Carabin Shaw, Berit Hanna if you’ve been involved in a trucking accident in Louisiana.The Attorneys at Carabin Shaw are on Your Side | Louisiana Injury Attorneys
If you or a loved one have been injured in a trucking accident in Louisiana, our team of lawyers want to represent you. We will investigate your claim, talk to the other parties on your behalf, and fight for you to get the compensation you deserve. We want you to focus on recovering from your injuries while we take care of the rest! Call us toll-free for a free consultation at 1-800-555-0101.