Suffering After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Albuquerque?
Every year over 50,000 people are treated in emergency rooms across the country due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Many of them sustain life-long health complications as a result of their carbon monoxide exposure. If you are suffering after carbon monoxide poisoning in Albuquerque, you are not alone. The law firm of Carabin Shaw has helped people like you get the justice and compensation they deserve after carbon monoxide poisonings in Albuquerque for decades and can review your case for free today.How can a Lawyer Help My Personal Injury Claim?
If you’ve been injured in a carbon monoxide poisoning accident, you should contact an experienced Albuquerque carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer.
A lawyer can help you in a number of ways such as:
- Determining fault
- After a carbon monoxide poisoning accident, it may be unclear who is at fault. Landlords, property owners, business owners, hotel owners, and product manufacturers are all examples of parties who can be held accountable in carbon monoxide poisoning cases.
- Using investigative methods and working with experts, Albuquerque injury attorneys can determine who caused your injuries and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Gathering and preserving evidence
- In personal injury and carbon monoxide cases, the strength of the evidence presented usually determines the outcome of the settlement. Gathering and presenting compelling evidence is imperative. An attorney can use their experience and work with experts to recover the evidence you will need to win your claim.
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Insurance companies will do whatever they can to minimize your settlement because it directly affects their bottom lines. They will almost always offer a settlement that is much lower than what you deserve, so having an experienced Albuquerque carbon monoxide poisoning lawyer in your corner to handle the negotiations, present evidence, and argue your case can be the difference between a small, unfair settlement and getting the money you’re rightfully owed.
- Recovering a settlement
- Carbon monoxide poisoning can have long-term health consequences that can leave you with a lifetime of medical bills. Recovering a settlement to compensate for your expenses and your pain and suffering after an accident is vital to minimize the effect your injury will have on your life. Albuquerque injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw are experts in fighting for victims’ injuries and obtaining the compensation that is essential to their recovery.
After a carbon monoxide poisoning accident in Albuquerque, there are two main types of damages available for recovery, economic and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages cover all of the expenses associated with your injury like medical bills, physical therapy costs, lost wages, lost earning potential, speech therapy, home modifications required as a result of injury, and in the event of wrongful death, funeral expenses.
- Non-economic damages seek to compensate victims of injuries for the psychological, physical, and emotional tolls that injuries can take. Typically, non-economic damages compensate accident victims for things like pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of life.
To get the justice and compensation you deserve, you need a seasoned attorney in your corner who knows how to win carbon monoxide poisoning cases and stand up to insurance companies. Insurance companies will have their own team of lawyers ready to defend their interests, so you should not be underprepared.
The law firm of Carabin Shaw has been fighting for its clients for over two decades and can help you get the compensation you deserve after carbon monoxide poisoning. Call today for a free case review and no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260.