Suffering from a Commercial Vehicle Accident in the Rio Grande Valley?
Like any other car on the highways of Rio Grande Valley, commercial vehicles frequently get into collisions. After an accident with a commercial vehicle, you should know that you can be compensated for your injuries. Suffering from a commercial vehicle accident in the Rio Grande Valley? The Rio Grande Valley trucking accident attorneys of Carabin Shaw want to help you.What is a Commercial Vehicle?
Commercial vehicles are cars, trucks, vans, and busses that are owned and used by a company. These vehicles are used by their employees to haul goods or transport passengers. They include:
- 18 wheelers
- Cargo vans
- Catering trucks
- Cement Mixers
- School busses
- FedEx trucks
- Garbage trucks
Commercial vehicles are held to higher safety standards and come with a different set of issues in an accident case, and our Rio Grande Valley accident attorneys have years of experience with commercial vehicle accidents.Who is Liable in a Commercial Vehicle Accident?
Generally, companies are responsible for the actions of their employees. When a commercial vehicle is involved in an accident, the driver and company can be held liable for their actions. The driver’s employer can be held liable for:
- Negligent hiring
- Failure to train drivers properly
- Lack of vehicle maintenance
- Negligent supervision
- Forcing drivers to work longer hours than legally allowed
In accident cases, our Rio Grande Valley trucking accident attorneys will make sure that the commercial vehicle’s employer is held accountable for their actions.
Drivers can be held liable for negligent behavior. This includes:
- Fatigue - Truck driver’s schedules are rigorous with long hours and short breaks. Some drivers may want to push themselves to arrive at their destination without rest. When a driver is fatigued, they are not functioning at their best and accidents can easily occur.
- Distracted driving - When a truck driver is distracted -- for example, by texting while driving, or inputting coordinates into the GPS while operating the vehicle -- the results can be catastrophic, and this is one of the primary factors in truck accidents. If you think distracted driving caused your accident, talk to one of our Rio Grande Valley 18 wheeler accident attorneys.
- Driving under the influence - Like any other driver on the road, some truck drivers may be reckless and decide to drink or take drugs while driving. If a 18 wheeler truck driver is under the influence, the accident may be much more severe, even fatal.
The injuries from a commercial vehicle accident can be catastrophic. They may include broken bones, spinal cord injuries, head trauma, and even death. Not to mention the psychological impact as well. Our attorneys can help you recover these damages:
- Medical bills - Our lawyers know how expensive medical treatment can be. There are surgeries, rehabilitation, medical equipment, medication, and follow up visits that can quickly add up. We will make sure you get fair compensation for your medical expensenses.
- Pain and suffering - An accident with a commercial vehicle can have long term psychological effects. After an accident, you may suffer from mental anguish, emotional distress, or PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). We will help you recover these damages.
- Lost wages - If you sustain serious injuries from an accident, you may not be able to return to work quickly, or maybe at all. You should not have to suffer due to someone else’s actions. We will make sure you recover those lost wages.
Are you suffering from a commercial vehicle accident in the Rio Grande Valley? Talk to one of our attorneys about the details of your accident so we can figure out who is at fault.Get in Touch with a Rio Grande Valley Accident Attorney Today
At Carabin Shaw, we hold companies accountable. Our seasoned lawyers are not afraid to tackle any case. If you have been injured due to a commercial vehicle accident and live in the Rio Grande Valley, we have offices in both McAllen and Brownsville. Call us at 956-664-7255 for a free initial consultation with one of our Rio Grande Valley 18 wheeler accident attorneys. Se habla Español.