Suffering from a Commercial Vehicle Accident? What’s Next?
You may feel uncertain about what to do after a commercial vehicle or 18 wheeler accident in San Angelo, Texas, and the steps you take immediately after your wreck can play a significant role in the success of your case. Are you or a loved one suffering from a commercial vehicle accident? What’s next?
At Carabin Shaw, we help victims understand what to do after a wreck to make sure they get the compensation they deserve. We know that every case is unique, which is why our commercial vehicle accident attorneys in San Angelo offer free consultations to hear the details of your case and help you make the right decision concerning what to do next for you and your family.Commercial Trucks and 18 Wheelers
Commercial trucks are typically much larger than passenger vehicles, and are used to haul commercial goods across the United States. They require a driver to have a commercial driver’s license. Usually, when we think of commercial trucks, we think of 18 wheelers, but there are other types of commercial trucks on the road in San Angelo, Texas. Besides big rigs, commercial trucks include cement trucks, large freight trucks, tanker trucks, and other types of delivery vehicles. If you have questions about commercial trucks, San Angelo accident lawyers can help.After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
After a trucking accident in San Angelo, it’s best to take the following steps to maximize the potential earnings of your case:
- Contact the police - Immediately after the accident, be sure to call the police to file a report and make a statement. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911. If you require immediate medical attention, it doesn’t mean the police should not be contacted, it just means that you will give your statement after you have received treatment for your injuries. When you give your statement, stick to the facts, and do not admit fault if possible. If you admit fault in any way, the insurers can use it against you. To learn more, talk to an attorney.
- Document the scene - If you’re able to, document the scene as best you can. Take photographs of the crash site, your vehicles, and anything else that you think could be useful for your lawyer to make your case. Also, write down as many details as possible. The more you have, the better.
- Interview witnesses - After the wreck, talk to any witnesses that were at the scene. Take statements from them, and also get their contact information so your commercial vehicle accident attorneys in San Angelo can get in touch with witnesses as they build your case.
- Get medical treatment - It’s important to get medical treatment as soon as you can after your trucking accident in San Angelo. A doctor’s evaluation will put you on the quickest road to recovery and will also document your injuries in your medical record, which your attorney can use to prove your damages.
- Beware of insurers - Insurers want to pay you as little as possible, because they make more money if you settle for less. They may seem nice on the phone, but they don’t have your best interest in mind. If they call to get a statement, stick to the facts and don’t say anything that’s incriminating. Also, don’t accept any offer they give you before consulting San Angelo accident lawyers.
Are you or a loved one suffering from a commercial vehicle accident? What’s next? The first thing to do is take the aforementioned steps, then talk to an experienced lawyer. At Carabin Shaw, we have worked on countless commercial vehicle accident cases, and we always go above and beyond to get proper justice for our clients. We want to help victims in need who have suffered at the negligent hands of truckers and their trucking companies. If you need help, we are here for you. Call us today at (432) 620-0544 for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced and compassionate attorney.