Suffering from an 18 Wheeler Accident in Eagle Pass, Texas?
18 wheeler accidents can happen to anybody. Whenever there’s a commercial vehicle on the road in Eagle Pass, Texas, drivers are at risk. Truckers drive long hours over hundreds of miles, and they can lose focus, become distracted, or get fatigued, all of which can have severe consequences. If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident in Eagle Pass, you deserve justice. An attorney can assist you. Our team at Carabin Shaw is a dedicated staff of expert lawyers who fight endlessly for every victim we represent.
Are you suffering from an 18 wheeler accident in Eagle Pass, Texas? Here’s what you and your family need to know.Types of Injuries
18 wheelers are massive. When they collide with passenger vehicles, the difference in size can lead to severe injuries. Below are the most common types of injuries people experience after an 18 wheeler accident in Eagle Pass, Texas:
- Broken bones. Truck accidents can have extreme force, which can lead to broken bones more often than accidents between two passenger vehicles.
- Head injuries. Head injuries can cause long-term damage, and it may not be immediately apparent after a wreck. The injuries can range from minor concussions to life-altering brain damage. It’s important to be evaluated by a medical professional after a wreck. Talk to Eagle Pass 18 wheeler accident attorneys to learn more.
- Spine and back injuries. The impact of an 18 wheeler crash can cause spine and back injuries. These types of injuries can limit your mobility and interfere with your capacity to work.
- Burns. The larger fuel tanks in commercial vehicles increase the risk of fire at a crash site. If you were burned in an 18 wheeler crash, consult an attorney.
- Cuts and bruises. Many people suffer cuts and bruises in a wreck, especially one with a commercial vehicle.
- Rib and torso injuries. Rib and torso injuries are common in 18 wheeler wrecks, and they can lead to internal organ damage.
Talk to Eagle Pass auto accident attorneys about your injuries.Compensation For Your Damages
After a wreck, you can pursue compensation for the damages you’ve suffered. There are two types of damages: economic and non-economic damages. Types of compensation that have an exact monetary value fall under the category of economic damages, where those that are intangible are considered non-economic damages. Below is a list of the common types of damages you can sue for after your truck accident in Eagle Pass:
- Vehicle damage
- Medical bills
- Loss of past and future income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Funerary costs
Let an Eagle Pass auto accident attorney review your case to see what kind of damages apply to your circumstances.Modified Comparative Fault in Texas
In Texas law, your compensation is adjusted based on your percentage at fault, which is known as “modified comparative fault”. For example, if you are 10% at fault, then your damages would be reduced by 10%, meaning that if you were awarded $100,000 as compensation you would actually only receive $90,000 after your 10% reduction. To learn more, speak with Eagle Pass 18 wheeler accident attorneys.How to Make the Most of Your Case
Are you suffering from an 18 wheeler accident in Eagle Pass, Texas? If so, you need the right people on your side to get justice. Our team at Carabin Shaw is here for you. We never represent the trucking companies, only the people they hurt because of the company’s negligence. We’ve been serving Texans all across our great state for over 25 years, and we’ve been named a top 10 law firm in client satisfaction.
If you want the best, you should talk to us and see if we’re the right fit for you. Call us today at 956-333-3333 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 to speak with a lawyer at our firm. Don’t wait, we want to get you what you deserve.