Suffering from Serious 18 Wheeler Injuries? | West Texas Attorneys
In America, 18 wheeler crashes are responsible for 1 out of every 8 traffic fatalities. And because 18 wheelers can legally weigh as much as 80,000 pounds—while the average car weighs just 5,000 pounds—even victims who survive collisions with big rigs are often catastrophically injured after these wrecks. If you’ve been seriously injured in a truck accident in Monahans, our Carabin Shaw experts serving Monahans, Texas are here to help.
Are you suffering from serious 18 wheeler injuries? If so, read on to learn about steps to take following a serious commercial trucking accident, tips on choosing among Monahans 18 wheeler accident attorneys, and more.Types of Serious Injuries Following an 18 Wheeler Accident
Serious injuries are common among victims of big rig accidents. This is because 18 wheelers are extremely heavy and exert massive amounts of force during collisions, and because they frequently transport dangerous chemical substances. Common serious injuries suffered after trucking accidents include (but are not limited to):
- Broken bones and/or fractures
- Bone injuries are the most common serious injury in 18 wheeler wrecks. They can vary in severity, but are extremely painful and often require hospitalization or expensive treatments.
- Truck accidents may result in exposure to hot metals or spilled chemicals—and these may cause burns or even permanent disfigurement.
- Neck injuries
- These injuries are common among crash victims due to the extreme amount of force experienced when colliding with a big rig.
- Spinal cord injuries
- Trauma to the vertebral column often results in serious—or even fatal—injuries to the spinal cord.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Unlike other types of serious injuries following an 18 wheeler wreck, TBI is not always immediately apparent—symptoms can take days to appear. TBI occurs after a person experiences a severe blow to their head. It often results in permanent disruption of brain activity and permanent disability. TBI is often fatal.
Trucking companies are multimillion-dollar corporations, and as such, they employ huge legal teams to protect them from paying out expensive settlements when one of their drivers is involved in a crash. So if you’ve been seriously injured in a big rig accident, you need to hire the best lawyer you can if you want a fighting chance of getting what you are owed. Trucking companies will do everything in their power to avoid paying you the money you deserve for your serious injuries—but hiring the right lawyer can help you get the compensation you truly deserve.
Here at Carabin Shaw, our attorneys have more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and our firm has been specializing in commercial trucking accidents for more than two decades. We’ve recovered more than a billion dollars in settlements for our satisfied clients, and we can help you maximize the value of your commercial trucking claim. And because we operate on a no win, no fee agreement, you don’t have to pay us unless we win your case! Best of all, we offer all new clients a free initial consultation with an attorney.Call Our Monahans Accident Attorneys Now and Learn How We Can Help
Suffering from serious 18 wheeler injuries? Let us help you get your life back on track after your truck accident in Monahans by getting you the compensation you deserve. To schedule your free consultation with one of our qualified Monahans accident attorneys, call our office serving Monahans, Texas at (432) 620-0544. Don’t wait—call today and learn what our Carabin Shaw Monahans 18 wheeler accident attorneys can do for you.