10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

Surcharges for Convictions

If you receive a conviction on your record for certain offense, you will be facing costly annual surcharges for three years following the conviction. You are required to pay in order to keep your driving privileges.

One of the most common convictions that results in surcharge is a conviction for Driving while Intoxicated.

  • DWI- First with a Blood Alcohol Concentration under .16- $1,000 annual surcharge for 3 years
  • DWI 2nd with BAC under .16%-$1,500 annually
  • DWI with a BAC over .16%-$2,000 annually
  • Other traffic offenses that require an annual surcharge for three years include
  • Driving without a license -$100 annually
  • Driving with an invalid license -$250 annually
  • Driving without insurance -$250 annual surcharge)

If arrange to make payments for an assessed surcharge, it is extremely important that you pay the fee either early or on time. DPS often suspends driving privileges for those who are late on surcharge payments. If you have had your license suspended and need help getting back on the road, contact Joseph Echavarria of the Carabin Shaw Law firm today. (210-222-2288)

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.