Texas Premises Liability Laws
When residents of San Antonio are hurt in slip and fall incidents or encounter a dangerous situation on someone else's property, they will almost certainly have actionable premises liability claims against the landowner or the manager of the property.
Premises liability claims are a sort of personal injury claim that consumers can file against a property owner or management if they are hurt on the property due to a dangerous, preventable situation.
The Texas personal injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw defend people who have been harmed by unsafe or defective circumstances on another's property. To book a free consultation regarding your case, please call 800-862-1260 toll-free and schedule an appointment with one of our Spanish-or English-speaking legal representatives. Our firm works on a contingency basis, meaning that you only pay us if we favorably settle a case on your behalf.Understanding the Responsibilities of a Property Owner or Manager Under Texas Premises Liability Laws?
- The phrase "premises liability" refers to a set of regulations in Texas that compel property owners to take specific reasonable precautions to guarantee that their property is safe for guests.
- In Texas, property owners and residents have a responsibility to protect invitees, customers, other visitors, and even kids who trespass onto their premises from harm. If a property owner is aware of, or should be aware of, a hazard and fails to rectify it and notify visitors, this may be considered negligence.
- Some examples of negligence when it comes to safekeeping a property include failure to provide a well-lit parking lot, failure to post hazard signs of unsafe stairs or railings, failure to post caution signs after a spill, just to name a few.
If you are unsure of the validity of your claim, an injury attorney in San Antonio can best advise you on the best course of action and clarify any confusion you may have.What Is the Law of Attractive Nuisance?
Property owners may be liable for injuries to children who trespass on land if the injury is caused by a hazardous object, like a swimming pool, that is likely to appeal to children who are unable to grasp the danger posed by the object or condition. In these cases, a property owner is required to take appropriate steps, such as erecting a wall or installing a fence, to prevent injury and even death.Common Types of Premise Liability Actions in San Antonio
Premise liability claims and litigation cover a plethora of situations and circumstances. The following are only a few examples of common forms of premises liability claims in San Antonio:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall mishaps
- Drowning or injury in a swimming pool
- Dog bites
- Gym injuries
- Amusement park injuries
- Security negligence
- Injuries sustained from toxic mold
- Failure to post adequate warning signs of dangerous conditions
An experienced attorney will be able to determine the worth of your premise liability claim and which damages you are entitled to.Speak With a San Antonio Tx Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Premise Liability Claim
If you have been seriously injured due to the negligence of a property owner or have lost a loved one because someone failed to follow the laws of attractive nuisance, you need an injury lawyer that is willing to aggressively safeguard your rights.
Our attorneys at Carabin Shaw want to learn more about your situation. We can assist you if you have experienced emotional and physical trauma as a result of a premise liability case. Call our San Antonio office at 800-862-1260 at any time of the day.
If you're unsure whether or not hiring a legal professional is the right option for you, read Carabin Shaw's client reviews to see what our clients have to say about what we can do for you.