Top 5 Medical Malpractice Claims | New Mexico Attorneys
Even with the advanced science and technology of the modern world, medical errors still occur frequently in New Mexico. A recent study in The Journal of Patient Safetyfound that hospital errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States, right after heart disease and cancer. This statistic shows why medical malpractice in New Mexico is all too common. If you or a loved one has been the victim of medical malpractice, your best option might be to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. An attorney can help.
At Carabin Shaw, we believe that medical professionals should be held responsible for their negligence because we entrust them with our lives. This belief is why we aggressively advocate for victims. Our New Mexico medical malpractice lawyers can guide you through the proper steps to filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. We will make you have a winning case.The Most Common Cases
Medical malpractice most often happens when a healthcare professional is overworked, a hospital is beyond capacity, or someone stops paying attention. Regardless of why a mistake occurs, though, the fact remains the same: medical malpractice shouldn’t happen. If you or a loved one has been the victim of one of the following top 5 medical malpractice claims, be sure to speak with a lawyer:
- Surgical errors: There is a wide range of scenarios that qualify as surgical errors. Sometimes doctors leave equipment inside the body, create life-long nerve damage, or even operate on the wrong body part. A negligent healthcare professional causes every type of medical malpractice involving surgery, and that party should be held responsible. Speak with New Mexico hospital negligence attorneys to learn more.
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis:One of the most common problems in the medical field is misdiagnoses or failure to diagnose. When a doctor doesn’t accurately diagnose a patient, it could mean missed opportunities for that patient to receive proper treatment or care. Any misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose means the patient could sue for medical malpractice in New Mexico. If this applies to you, a lawyer can help.
- Medication errors: Medication errors can occur for many different reasons. A misdiagnosis could lead a doctor to prescribe the wrong medications, potentially harming the patient. A doctor may not properly review a patient’s medical history, prescribing a drug that may work against other medicines a patient is taking. They could also assign an improper dosage, which can be very dangerous.
- Pregnancy and birth injuries: In New Mexico, malpractice concerning pregnancy is divided into two categories: negligence during prenatal care and negligence during childbirth. Negligence at any stage of the pregnancy can lead to birth defects and harm both the mother and child. New Mexico medical malpractice lawyers will know what to do if you or a loved one experienced negligence from a healthcare professional during pregnancy or birth.
- Anesthesia errors: If administered improperly, anesthesia can be deadly. It is the anaesthesiologist’s job to understand a patient’s medical history and give them the correct amount of anesthesia. An anesthesiologist must also monitor a patient’s vital signs during surgery, making sure everything is running smoothly. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always happen this way. An attorney can tell you more about medical malpractice and anesthesia.
In an ideal world, medical malpractice in New Mexico wouldn’t happen. Doctors are making strides, but the reality is that medical malpractice still takes place daily. Medical professionals need to be held responsible, and victims need compensation for their tragic circumstances. At Carabin Shaw, we want to build the best case for our clients, so they can win in court because they deserve justice. Every lawyer on our team is experienced in medical malpractice and knows how to beat negligent doctors and other healthcare professionals. We won’t let you down.
Call us at 915-779-2301 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.