Types of Burn Injury Cases Common in Texas
Every day, people in Grand Prairie are at risk for burn injuries. Accidents that lead to burn injuries can happen in a number of different circumstances, but they all can cause injuries that may impact you for the rest of your life. Every year, over 40,000 Americans are hospitalized for burn injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries, you need a Grand Prairie personal injury attorney to review your case. Our Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have decades of experience helping burn injury victims get the justice they deserve. We know how to maximize the potential of your case and fight to get you proper compensation.Common Types of Burn Injuries
There are a number of ways people in Grand Prairie can suffer burn injuries. The following are the types of burn injury cases common in Texas:
- Thermal Burns - One of the most common types of burns is thermal burns. Thermal burns occur when someone comes into contact with a flame or heated surface or object. The severity of a thermal burn depends on the intensity of the heat as well as the duration of the contact.
- Scaldings - One subset of thermal burns is scaldings, which happen when someone touches extremely hot water. Scaldings are more likely to affect young children or the elderly who are more susceptible to accidentally turning the water in the tub or the sink too hot.
- Chemical Burns - Another way that people can suffer burns are chemical burns. Both alkaline and acidic substances can cause burns. Many household cleaners can lead to chemical burns including kitchen cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, and pool cleaner.
- Electrical burns - If someone interferes with an electrical current, it can cause electrical burns, which can cause severe damage. It’s important that victims of electrical burns see a doctor as soon as possible because much of the damage from electrical burns can be internal, impacting vital organs.
Whatever the cause of your burn, talk to Grand Prairie accident lawyers about what you can do in your case.Severity of Burns
When you suffer burns in Grand Prairie, they can range from mild to severe depending on the circumstances of your accident. Below are the different degrees of burns and what defines them:
- First degree - First degree burns are the least severe type of burn because they only affect the outermost layer of skin, the epidermis. Although they may be painful, these burns usually heal within three to five and do not require medical treatment.
- Second degree - More severe than first degree burns are second degree burns, which affect both the epidermis and the dermis, the second layer of skin. These burns can be extremely painful and have the potential to get infected. Second degree burns can take weeks to heal and may require medical treatment in more severe cases. If you’ve suffered second degree burns, talk to an attorney.
- Third degree - One of the worst types of burns are third degree burns. Penetrating both the epidermis and the dermis, third degree burns can impact the underlying muscle, tendons, and even bone. Third degree burns usually require hospitalization and may need skin grafting and reconstructive surgery. Talk to a lawyer about pursuing compensation after suffering a third degree burn.
After suffering any severity of burn, you can fight for compensation. A Grand Prairie personal injury attorney can review your case and explain your options.Get the Justice You Deserve
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, you deserve justice. Grand Prairie accident lawyers can be there to fight for you. Our Texas burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw believe in helping victims and their families get compensation. We know how difficult a burn injury can be on you and your family, which is why we always vow to do everything in our power to get you what you deserve.Free Case Review
For a free consultation, call today at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form.