Types of Serious Burn Injuries and Treatments in Greeley CO
Burn accidents in Greeley CO happen far too often. Sadly, these accidents are usually preventable, but someone’s reckless actions cause unnecessary suffering. 32,000 people across the United States suffer catastrophic burn injuries annually that require treatment at a specialized burn center. Severe burn victims will face a long road to recovery and need extensive medical care, including painful surgeries like skin graftings.
If you or a loved one has been burned due to another’s negligence, Greeley personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the justice you’re rightfully owed. At Carabin Shaw, our lawyers always promise to go above and beyond for our clients to ensure the negligent party is held responsible for their actions.The Different Types of Burn Injuries
Most people imagine fires when they think of burn injuries, but burn injuries can actually happen in a variety of ways.
The following are the most common types of burn injuries Greeley CO burn victims can suffer:Thermal Burns
By far, thermal burns are the most common type of burn, accounting for approximately 86% of all burn injuries. These burns are caused by contact with flame or another heat source, such as a hot object.Scaldings
There is a specific type of thermal burn known as scalding, which happens when victims are burned by hot water or steam. Often, scaldings are due to negligence, and an attorney can help you hold the liable party accountable for their actions.Chemical Burns
Burns can also be caused by harsh chemicals. Both acids and bases can cause chemical burns. Common household products such as bleach, pool cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, and more can lead to severe chemical burns.Electrical burns
Electrical burns occur when a victim interferes with an electrical current or is struck by lightning. Electrical burns are especially dangerous because they can cause damage to a victim’s internal organs. If you’ve suffered an electrical burn, be sure to get evaluated by a medical professional as soon as possible.
Greeley personal injury attorneys can help you regardless of the type of burn injury you’ve suffered.Burn Injury Treatments for Severe Burn Injuries
Severe burn injury victims will need to undergo a series of medical procedures, including any of the following:
- Ointments and other burn creams: Often, physicians will apply ointments to help prevent infection and aid the wound in closing.
- Water-based treatments: Ultrasound mist therapy and other water-based techniques may be used to clean the wound.
- Dressings: There are numerous specialty dressings used to help wounds throughout the recovery process.
- Tetanus shot: If you’ve suffered a burn injury, you may need a tetanus shot if your shots are not up-to-date.
- Plastic surgery: Victims who suffer severe scarring and disfigurement may need reconstructive plastic surgery.
- Feeding tube: In severe cases, victims may need to be placed on a feeding tube for nutritional support.
- Skin grafts: Doctors may use skin grafts—a procedure that takes sections of healthy skin and grafts them over deep scar tissue—to help catastrophic burn victims.
Only a medical professional will deeply understand the types of serious burn injuries and treatments necessary for recovery, so it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.We Are the Law Firm You Can Trust | Free Consultation
After suffering a severe burn injury due to another’s negligence, we can be there for you. We know how difficult this time can be for you and your family, which is why our Colorado burn injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw always promise to do whatever it takes to get you the justice you deserve. We’ve won over $1 billion for our past clients because we never stop fighting for them in their time of need.
For a free case review, call 800-862-1260. Our lines are open 24/7, with both English and Spanish-speaking staff available to take your call.