Victoria, Texas What to do After Hurricane Harvey
If you or a loved one suffered any form of loss in Hurricane Harvey and you live in Victoria, Houston, or anywhere else affected by storm damage in Texas, you may be eligible to obtain various forms of compensation for your losses and damages. Fortunately, the Victoria hurricane insurance claims lawyers from Carabin Shaw are here for you.
You may have questions regarding what to do after Hurricane Harvey in Victoria. At Carabin Shaw, our goal is to successfully represent your claim and gather all evidence and information in order to determine how to restore all damages to you and your family quickly and effectively after the storm. The team of attorneys at Carabin Shaw of Victoria handles all types of cases related to Victoria hurricane claims and other instances of personal injury, loss, and damage pertaining to Hurricane Harvey. These include:
- Roof damage claims
- Flooding damage claims
- Wind damage claims
- Water damage claims
- Structural damage claims
- Business damage claims
- Property damage claims
If you are one of the thousands have been affected by Harvey and wondering what to do after Hurricane Harvey in Victoria, look no further than the counsel and guidance offered by the lawyers at Carabin Shaw. We have over 25 years of experience with all forms of personal injury claims and damage cases, including those related to damage and loss accrued in natural disasters. Our attorneys have successfully represented clients in cases related to:
- Forest fires
- Flooding damage
Understandably, many victims of Hurricane Harvey turn to their insurers for help and guidance. However, the unfortunate truth is that an overwhelming 70% of Texas homeowner’s insurance policies do not even include any cover for flooding and water damage. Some basic measures you can take regarding what to do after Hurricane Harvey in Victoria and elsewhere in Texas are:
- Record and Document Everything. When you remain vigilant, your claim’s chances of maximization increase dramatically. You should take pictures of all your damage, save receipts from any repairs you make in the interim, assess the damages, minimize them if possible, and educate yourself on your predicament. Proactivity is undoubtedly the first step to full compensation.
- Minimize Damages. There are a number of precautionary measures you can take to help prevent any damage or loss from further affecting your house and property. Perhaps one of the major damages that can progressively make a bad situation worse is the existence of mold after the flood water has stood stagnant for multiple days in a row.
- Formulate a Plan. After you assess your damages and prevented them from getting any worse, you should put numbers to your damages. Your insurance company will send an adjuster out to the property to physically examine and estimate these costs; after a natural disaster like a hurricane, however, it could be days or even weeks before they are able to reach your property. In the meantime, you may be best served by consulting with a lawyer.
- Consult with Your Lawyer. Legal guidance can be the difference between completely starting over and simply starting again. Legal guidance in hurricane damage claims will greatly reinforce a client’s right to maximum compensation and work with the insurance company to leave no stone unturned in your quest for due recompense.
- Call Your Insurance Provider. Even if you do not have access to your claim – such as if you lost your claim in the flooding; or electricity, Wi-Fi, or even phone services are unavailable in your area – as long as you know your policy number, an insurance agent can help you begin the process of filing a claim. It is crucial that you the victim know your options and formulate a plan before ever dealing with your insurer, but at the same time, the importance of swift action and notifying them as soon as possible cannot be understated
Contact the lawyers of Carabin Shaw serving the Victoria area of Texas day or night for a free consultation to answer all of your questions about what to do after Hurricane Harvey in Victoria, and guide you towards the path of maximum compensation. You deserve to live a fully restored life once more after a natural disaster like Harvey, so call Carabin Shaw in Victoria at 361.485.1400 or toll-free at 1.800.682.1260 today.