Victoria Truck and 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been the victim of an 18 wheeler accident, you are not alone. Every year there are over 500,000 car accidents that occur on Texas roads, and the percentage of these crashes that involve an 18 wheeler has been steadily increasing. Sadly, trucking companies in Victoria will do everything in their power to pay out as little as possible to victims of these accidents. The best way to beat them is with an experienced Victoria 18 wheeler accident attorney at your side.
Our team of experienced attorneys at Carabin Shaw promises to fight aggressively to get justice for victims of trucking accidents. Our Victoria truck and 18 wheeler accident lawyers here to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents
18 wheelers are inherently dangerous because of their sheer size in comparison with regular passenger vehicles. This discrepancy is why accidents with big rigs often leads to serious injury or death. Below are some of the most common causes of accidents with 18 wheelers:
- Distracted driving - Things like eating, changing the radio station, texting, and typing into Google Maps are all types of distracted driving that can lead to an accident. Distracted driving can be a problem for any driver behind the wheel, but it is especially dangerous when done by a truck driver. If you or a loved one were injured in a trucking accident by a distracted driver, a Victoria truck injury lawyer can help.
- Under the influence - When a driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it can have devastating effects like slowed reaction times and impaired judgment. A recent study has found that 30% of truckers have admitted to using amphetamines behind the wheel. Any truck driver who caused a wreck driving under the influence must be held accountable by a lawyer. A Victoria 18 wheeler accident attorney will know how to make them pay for the suffering they caused.
- Inexperience - An 18 wheeler, as you can imagine, is not easy to drive. Enhanced blind spots, long stopping distances, and heavy loads all contribute to the difficulty of operating a big rig. Because of these variables, inexperienced drivers are often the cause of 18 wheeler accidents. If an inexperienced driver hit you, an attorney can help.
- Improper loading - 18 wheelers must be loaded properly. If they are not, the uneven weight distribution can make the vehicle more difficult to drive, even potentially causing the truck to jackknife. Speak with a lawyer if your accident was caused by improper loading.
- Driver fatigue - Although there are strict regulations on the number of hours a trucker can drive set by the Federal Motor Vehicle Carrier Administration, truckers sometimes take on more hours for the overtime pay. Also, companies may push their drivers beyond their limits. Fatigued driving has been found to be as dangerous as drunk driving, so when a tired truck driver is on the road, it’s a serious hazard for everyone. If you were injured by a fatigued driver, a Texas big rig accident attorney will know what to do.
Trucking accidents are complex. Truckers in Victoria must follow many federal and state regulations, and all of these can impact your claim. There can also be a number of parties potentially at fault, including the driver, the trucking company, or the truck manufacturer. This complexity means you need a seasoned Victoria truck injury lawyer on your side.
At Carabin Shaw, we have won hundreds of cases and earned millions for our clients. Every attorney on our team has extensive knowledge of trucking cases and the laws that affect them. Don’ wait. Talk to a Victoria 18 wheeler accident attorney at our firm today, and we’ll get to work on getting you justice. Contact us locally at 361-358-6300 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.