Waco Burn Injury Lawyers Representing Victims and Their Families
Burn injuries can be extremely painful, hard to treat properly, and can come with long, painful recovery processes. With over 1.1 million Americans receiving some form of medical attention for burn injuries every year, these injuries are also all too common. Victims in Waco, Texas should understand that if they have suffered from a severe burn, they are not alone.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury, contact a Waco burn injury attorney to review your options for recovering compensation. The Texas personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw have recovered over $1 billion fighting for Texas burn victims and can review your case for free today.Degrees of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are organized into four different categories based on the severity of the burn injury. The scale is as follows:
- First-degree - First-degree burns are the most common type and least severe of all burn injuries. They rarely require medical attention and result in redness, mild swelling, and mild pain.
- Second-degree - Second-degree burns affect both the outer layer of skin and the underlying layer called the dermis. These burns may require medical attention, but can often be treated with over-the-counter medicines and result in swelling, redness, blisters, and pain.
- Third-degree - Third-degree burns are severe and always require medical attention. Burning all layers of skin and the tissue beneath, third-degree burns constitute medical emergencies and can be life-threatening.
- Fourth-degree - Fourth-degree burns are the most severe burns and burn all layers of skin, tissue, nerves, and even bones. These burns often result in death.
If you or a loved one has suffered a severe burn injury due to someone else’s negligence, call a personal injury lawyer in Waco Texas to review your options for recovering compensation.How a Lawyer in Waco, Texas Can Help
A Waco burn injury attorney can help you fight for the compensation you deserve after an accident. To better understand why you should hire an attorney after a burn injury, consider the following ways that they can help:
- Gathering and preserving evidence - In personal injury cases, the evidence is one of the most important factors in determining the outcome of the settlement. A seasoned personal injury lawyer in Waco Texas can work with experts to gather evidence to prove the cause of your injury and present it professionally.
- Building a strong case - Lawyers understand what it takes to build a strong case. They can hire expert witnesses, accident reconstruction experts, and gather evidence. They will combine all of these elements to build a strong, coherent case.
- Negotiating with insurers - Insurers often pay the settlements in personal injury claims, so knowing the ins and outs of negotiating with insurers and how their settlements work is essential for getting the settlement value you deserve.
- Giving you professional peace of mind - Waco burn injury lawyers representing victims and their families have dedicated their professional lives to understanding the law and representing their clients in a professional manner. When it comes to filing complex legal paperwork, building a strong case, and negotiating with insurers, you will have the peace of mind that everything in your case is being handled by a professional who has your best interest in mind.
Our experienced team of Texas personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw has been fighting for Texas burn victims for over 28 years and can help you fight for the compensation you deserve today. We have been named a top ten law firm in the country for client satisfaction because we put our clients’ needs first.
Call us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260, or you can fill out our online contact form.