10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

What Broken Arrow Burn Victims Need to Know After an Accident

Have you or a loved one recently suffered a severe burn injury in Broken Arrow OK? Was the injury caused by the negligence of another person or entity? If someone failed to act as a reasonable person would under the circumstances of your accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries and financial damages. Broken Arrow burn injury attorneys can help you file a personal injury claim.

In Oklahoma, you only have two years from the date of your accident to file a claim, so it's important to move quickly. Many factors affect personal injury claims, so you'll want to ask yourself some of the following questions:

  • Did you require medical care as the result of your accident?
  • Will you require additional medical care in the future?
  • Have you missed time at work due to your injuries?
  • Did your injury cause disfigurement or permanent disabilities?
  • Does your injury prevent you from working in the same way you did before your accident?
  • Have you suffered prolonged emotional distress due to your accident?

If your answer to any of the above questions is "yes," you may benefit from contacting burn accident lawyers in Broken Arrow to pursue compensation for your injuries.

What Broken Arrow Burn Victims Need to Know After an Accident

After you suffer a severe burn injury in Broken Arrow OK, you may be overwhelmed at the thought of figuring out what to do next. However, the team of Oklahoma injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw can help you navigate the entire process.

If you've been in an accident where you've suffered a severe burn, you should immediately seek proper medical care.

Personal injury cases can be affected by your behavior after the accident. If you don't seek proper medical care or follow your physician's advice when it comes to your recovery, the defendants in your case may try to argue that you are responsible for the extent of your injuries.

After you receive the proper medical care, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible.

In some cases, you may be approached by an insurance company or a liable party with a settlement offer. However, it's best to have Broken Arrow burn injury attorneys handle these offers.

Often, these early offers reflect a lower settlement amount than you may actually be entitled to. Insurance companies know that you are likely suffering financial stress and may be tempted to settle for a lower amount than actually owed. When you have an experienced attorney by your side, you can rest and recover while knowing that your personal injury case is being handled properly.

Burn accident lawyers in Broken Arrow will then determine liability and fault when it comes to your accident.

In Oklahoma, there's a rule known as modified comparative fault. According to the modified comparative fault rule, a victim cannot pursue compensation for their injuries if they are found to be more than 50% liable for their accident. However, this rule also allows for responsible parties to share fault.

For example, say you are injured in an auto accident and you are found to be 20% liable for the accident and two other parties are found to share the remaining 80% of fault. If your damages were found to be $100,000, you would be eligible to receive 80% of those damages, minus the 20% you were found to be responsible for. In this case, you would receive $80,000 for your damages.

Help is Available for Broken Arrow Burn Victims | Free Case Review at Carabin Shaw

If you or a loved one has been injured due to another person's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.

The team of Oklahoma injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw have decades of combined experience in personal injury law. Every client receives a free initial case consultation, and Carabin Shaw can be contacted any time at 800-862-1260.

Visits with the Attorney are by appointment only. Main office San Antonio, Texas.

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.