What Causes Oilfield Injuries and What to Do If You are Suffering
The oil industry has worked wonders for the Texas economy, but for oilfield employees, the job poses daily threats to their well-being. Knowing what causes oilfield injuries and what to do if you are suffering is important for everyone working in this industry. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed working in the oil fields in Andrews, Texas, you need to take action. The responsible party needs to pay for what they’ve done. Our staff at Carabin Shaw has been fighting day in and day out for victims just like you for over 25 years, and we pride ourselves on our dedication to our clients and the attentive service we provide. An Andrews, Texas oilfield injury attorney from our team knows what it takes to win when you’ve been injured in an oilfield accident. And every lawyer at our firm believes that it’s vital for you to understand the causes of oilfield injuries and what steps to take after you are injured.The Causes of Oilfield Injuries
When working on an oilrig in Andrews, Texas, the potential for catastrophe is everywhere. The operation of heavy machinery, the presence of flammable gas, and the rigorous and fast-paced working environment all contribute to the dangers oilfield employees face. Workers can experience injuries because of fires, explosions, falling, and vehicle accidents, and almost every accident can be attributed to one of two factors—equipment failure or insufficient training:
- Equipment Failure - Heavy equipment is used every day in the oil field, and the law says the equipment must be kept up to a certain standard. Sometimes, routine maintenance is overlooked or put off, and this neglect can lead to equipment failure, which can cause serious injury or death. If you or a loved one was injured by equipment failure, speak with an Andrews accident lawyer.
- Insufficient Training - Many tasks in the oilfield require proper training, but sometimes employees do not receive all the training they need in favor of starting work sooner. Insufficient training can lead to catastrophe because work in the oilfield requires constant attention and a depth of skill. Talk to an attorney if you were injured because of insufficient training.
If you are injured in the oil field, our Texas personal injury attorneys advise taking this series of proper steps to ensure your well-being and your best chance of winning the compensation owed to you:
- Notify Your Employer - If you are able, notify your employer as soon as you can. Most companies have paperwork to file, and this documentation can prove helpful in making your case in court. For more information, talk to an Andrews, Texas oilfield injury attorney.
- Seek Medical Attention - Your health is of the utmost importance, and the sooner you receive medical attention after your accident, the more directly any injuries can be tied to your accident. The doctor will also document your visit in your medical records, which you will need to show in court. A lawyer can further explain the importance of medical attention.
- Consult an Attorney- Injuries in the oil field can be complicated cases. It’s important for every oilfield employee to know what causes oilfield injuries and what to do if you are suffering. For your best chance at winning the compensation you deserve, you need a seasoned Andrews accident lawyer on your side. Our staff at Carabin Shaw has won over 500 million dollars for our clients, because we fight to get you every dollar you are owed. Our experienced staff of Texas personal injury attorneys cares about lifting some of the burden that we know comes along with the tragedy that is a serious injury or death on the job in the oil field.
Speak with an Andrews, Texas oilfield injury attorney at our firm today.
Call toll free: 432-620-0544