What Damages Can I Recover After an 18 Wheeler Accident in Pecos?
An accident with an 18 wheeler in Pecos, Texas can be a life-changing event. Commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than standard passenger vehicles, which often leads to devastating accidents when the two collide. If you’ve recently been involved in an accident with an 18 wheeler, you may be asking yourself “What damages can I recover after an 18 wheeler accident in Pecos?” Recovering damages after a trucking accident in Pecos can be a complex undertaking without professional help. Your best bet is to hire skilled Pecos truck injury lawyers to handle your case and make sure you recover the damages you deserve.
At Carabin Shaw, we’ve been helping our clients get the compensation they deserve for over 25 years, and we want to help you. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260.Recovering Economic Damages
You may wonder, “What damages can I recover after an 18 wheeler accident in Pecos?” Economic damages are damages that can be calculated in monetary terms and include any monetary losses related to the accident both present and future. Economic damages can include:
- Lost Wages - Present and future losses of income caused by missing days on the job or injuries that prevent you from doing your job, and the resulting decrease in wages or earnings potential. Your lawyer can help ensure that you will be compensated for any earnings you may miss because of your accident.
- Medical Costs - Any medical costs both present and future that result from the accident. If you’ve lost wages due to a trucking accident in Pecos, you need someone in your corner.
- Physical Disability Costs - Costs that stem from any physical disabilities resulting from the accident. This can relate back to both medical costs and lost wages. The medical costs from a physical disability can be lifelong. Making sure to fight for the correct amount to cover a lifelong disability takes expertise. Contact Pecos truck injury lawyers to ensure you have an expert on your side.
- Property Damages - Damages to any of your property that may have been destroyed or damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages encompass things that aren’t easily calculated monetarily, and can be more subjective in nature. In certain cases, these non-economic damages can be far greater than the economic damages listed above, because they are more difficult to ascribe a monetary value to. Non-economic damages can be any of the following:
- Physical Pain and Suffering - Compensation available in cases where injuries cause physical pain and suffering to people involved in an accident. Pecos accident lawyers can help you fight for compensation if you or a loved one has dealt with pain and suffering after an accident with an 18 wheeler.
- Emotional and Mental Pain and Suffering - A type of compensation devoted to the psychological harm that can come from major, traumatizing accidents. Your lawyer can craft the best case to display any emotional pain and suffering in order to recover damages for this sensitive subject.
- Loss of Quality of Life - If your quality of life is affected by your physical or psychological injuries - which it often is - you may be able to recover damages. You and your attorney can assess what has caused a change in your quality of life and build an argument for compensation.
If you’ve been injured in an 18 wheeler accident in Pecos, Texas, you need someone on your side. Let a team of skilled Pecos accident lawyers fight for you and build a case that will get you the money you deserve. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve recovered over $1 billion for our clients and want to help you today. To have an attorney fight for you, call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 1-800-862-1260.