What is Needed for a Successful Truck Accident Case | Texas Attorneys
Commercial truck accidents can leave drivers in Sonora, Texas injured and at a loss of what to do. Knowing what to do after a commercial truck accident in Sonora and how to handle your next steps can be confusing, but it is essential for winning your case. Commercial truck accident cases are often complex because 18 wheelers are commercial vehicles with large insurance policies, and many people are usually invested in the outcome of the case. In this post, we will outline what is needed for a successful truck accident case.
First and foremost, you will need the help of Sonora truck wreck attorneys. Winning a commercial truck accident case often comes down to how well the evidence is gathered and presented. Even if the case doesn’t go to trial, the strength of the evidence usually determines the size of the settlement offered by the defense. With this in mind, you can see why having a trusted attorney on your side is necessary to get the money you deserve. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve been fighting for our clients for over 25 years and we want to help you today. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, call us at 1-800-862-1260.5 Things You Need For Your Truck Accident Case
- Medical Records - Seeking medical attention quickly after your accident is not only crucial for your health but can serve a legal purpose as well. Sonora injury attorneys can use these records to objectively prove your injuries.
- Electronic Logs from the Truck - 18 wheelers record the activities of their drivers in the form of electronic logs that are taken automatically via GPS to track the amount of driving time truckers are on the road. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration implemented rules to prevent fatigued driving that mandate the number of hours can drive in a given time period, as well as mandatory breaks the driver must take. The electronic logs can tell the story of whether or not the driver was following these guidelines, as it will track their activity on the road. Your lawyer may be able to use this in your case to determine whether or not driver fatigue could have been a factor in your accident.
- The Truck’s Black Box - Similar to the above log, the truck’s black box automatically records information about speed, braking, and other engine functions. The information from this device can help your attorney prove any potential reckless driving on behalf of the truck driver. If the driver was speeding, this can be presented as negligence and help you win your case. This type of objective evidence is very strong in any case.
- Maintenance Logs - Commercial trucks have to undergo routine maintenance and this maintenance must be recorded. These logs can show whether or not the truck was properly maintained in case a mechanical failure caused your accident. Sonora truck wreck attorneys can determine whether or not the company and truck driver have been following FMCSA guidelines through these records.
- Video Records - Many trucks are equipped with dash cameras or in-cab cameras. Obviously, showing videos of exactly what happened can be powerful evidence if it is attainable. Sonora injury attorneys can fight to obtain this evidence.
If you’ve been involved in a commercial truck accident in Sonora, you need someone on your side. After an accident, you should contact a trusted lawyer who can help you build your strongest case. You need someone who knows what is needed for a successful truck accident case and has experience fighting for and winning for clients. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve recovered over $1 billion for our clients and we want to fight for you. Call us today at 1-800-862-1260 if you’ve been injured in Sonora, Texas.