What To Do After a Commercial Trucking Accident in West Texas
A trucking accident in Odessa, Texas can leave you with a lot of stress and questions about what your next steps should be. At Carabin Shaw, we know how stressful an accident can be and want to alleviate some of that stress. While you focus on your recovery, our Odessa trucking accident lawyers will figure out who is liable for your injuries and how much compensation is fairly yours. If you are wondering what to do after a commercial trucking accident in West Texas, Our lawyers are here to help answer any questions you might have.What Causes Trucking Accidents?
In 2018, there were close to 3,000 accidents in Odessa alone. To determine who is liable in your accident, our Odessa 18 wheeler accident lawyers must find out what caused the accident. Here are some common causes of 18 wheeler accidents:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol and drugs, including over-the-counter medication
- Poor training
- Improper cargo loading
These accidents can result in life-altering injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
Severe injuries mean expensive medical bills and lost wages. This is why it is crucial to receive full compensation for your injuries. Some accidents may even result in wrongful death. Whether a loved one wrongfully died in a trucking accident or you were injured, our accident attorney in West Texas will fight for fair compensation while you focus on recovering physically and mentally.What Should I Do After a Trucking Accident?
Are you wondering what to do after a commercial trucking accident in West Texas?” These steps will help you and protect your rights after a crash:
- Report the crash - After an accident, it is important to stay at the site of the crash. If someone has been severely injured, call 911 immediately. Otherwise, contact local police to the scene. Once they arrive, they will ask you to fill out an accident report. It is important to request a police report for your records. It may come in handy if your case goes to court.
- Seek medical treatment - Whether you are injured or not, it is important to get medical attention. Some injuries take days or weeks to appear.
- Exchange information with the other party - Get the driver’s contact information, the trucking company’s contact information and policy information, and the driver’s license number.
- Check for witnesses - If anyone witnessed the accident, it is crucial to get their contact information, too. Witness statements can greatly help your Odessa 18 wheeler accident lawyer working on your accident case.
- Document the accident - Take photos and videos of the accident with your phone or camera. Documenting your injuries and journaling can also be helpful evidence.
- Contact Carabin Shaw - We have a team of Odessa trucking accident lawyers ready to fight for the justice you deserve. Our lawyers will determine the cause of the accident and handle communication with the liable parties. We will ensure you get fair compensation.
Remember that the statute of limitations in Texas is two years from the date of the accident. This is why it is important you contact us at your earliest convenience.After a Trucking Accident, You Need a Dedicated Personal Injury Attorney on Your Side
Hiring an accident attorney in West Texas is a pivotal step after your trucking accident. Our attorneys have years of experience with 18 wheeler accidents in West Texas. We will not settle for just any offer from the liable parties. We will fight for fair compensation, even if that means going to court. We are prepared to fight for your rights. Have you been injured in a trucking accident in Odessa, Texas? Call us at 800-862-1260 for a free initial consultation.