What To Do After an 18 Wheeler Truck Accident in Texas
If you have been injured in a commercial trucking accident, you might be asking questions like: can I receive compensation for my injuries? What is the best way to pursue a settlement? When should I contact an attorney? In towns like Sonora, Texas, citizens might be exposed to a higher risk of 18 wheeler accidents than other parts of the country due to the proliferation of oil rigs. In West Texas, the large number of oilfields mean that 18 wheeler traffic has increased significantly. The increased number of these large trucks traveling down West Texas highways means the region has seen an increase in big trucking accidents in recent years. Unlike most automobile collisions, 18 wheeler accidents almost always end in serious injury and even fatality.
Nobody ever wants to be the victim of an accident and finding yourself in that position can feel overwhelming. If you are dealing with the aftermath of a trucking accident, please consult the following guide and contact the Sonora 18 wheeler accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw to help you plan what to do after an 18 wheeler truck accident in Texas. Your attorney will guide you through the process of seeking a fair settlement.A Guide for What to Do After an 18 Wheeler Truck Accident in Texas
Commercial trucking accidents are incredibly dangerous and can cause serious injury or death. If you were injured in a truck accident in Sonora, it might be unclear what your next steps should be. Depending on the severity of your injuries, your loved ones might be required to take responsibility in the days or weeks following your accident. Whether you are dealing with the aftermath of your accident or the aftermath of a loved ones’, the following guide will help you take the necessary steps to present the strongest accident claim.
What to do at the scene of an 18 wheeler accident:
- Emergency services should be called to the scene immediately to provide medical care.
- If you are cognizant enough to do so, talk to the police officer on the scene and make your statement.
- Make sure you receive a copy of the accident report for your records.
What to do in the weeks following the accident:
- Contact your insurance company to file your claim.
- Keep a record of your damages, whether they are physical injuries or financial hardships.
- If you are experiencing complications from injuries you sustained at the scene of the accident, see a doctor immediately. Keep a record of any and all complications due to injuries sustained in the accident.
- Contact the experienced Sonora injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw Law Firm to discuss your claim.
- Work with your lawyer to demand compensation for damages and seek a settlement for your accident claim.
At Carabin Shaw, we represent the victims of trucking accidents, not the interests of big insurance companies. We understand that the victims of trucking accidents often experience years of physical hardship, loss of future wages, and loss of quality of life. An accident lawyer may be able to attain a financial settlement to cover the cost of damages. Years of experience in accident law and tireless devotion to our Texas community make Carabin Shaw the best choice to represent your Sonora, Texas accident claim.The Sonora 18 Wheeler Accident Attorneys at Carabin Shaw
If you or a loved one were injured or killed in a truck accident in Sonora, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your damages. Call the Sonora injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260. In an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, we are now offering video conferencing options as well. Your initial consultation is no-cost and no-obligation; we want to make sure that you are confident with our team’s ability to represent you. We will proudly fight for your right to fair compensation.