What to Expect From an Oilfield Injury Lawyer in Texas
Although the oil industry offers the promise of high wages and steady employment, working in the oilfields in Sonora, Texas can be dangerous. The fast-paced environment and extreme working conditions can lead to accidents that cause serious injury or death. If you or a loved one were involved in an oilfield workplace accident, Sonora work injury lawyers can be there for you and your family. Our team at Carabin Shaw represents victims of oilfield accidents every day, all across Texas, and we always fight for our clients to get everything that they deserve.
When looking for the right Texas oilfield injury lawyer, it’s important to understand who would be right for you. That’s why we believe victims of oilfield accidents should know what to expect from an oilfield injury lawyer in Texas.What Injury Accident Lawyers Can Do For You
Depending on the circumstances of your case, a lawyer can be a major asset in your fight for justice. Below are the major reasons why you should consider working with an attorney:
- Determine if you have a case.After experiencing an injury in the oil industry in Sonora, Texas, the first step is to determine whether or not you have a case. When you’re hurt on the job, you are usually entitled to workers’ compensation. However, workers’ compensation does not always cover all of your damages. Many times, accidents in the oil field are due to someone else’s negligence, and that third party can be held responsible for your suffering. Sonora accident lawyers can review your case and determine whether or not filing suit is a viable option for you.
- Investigate what happened.Once your attorney has established if you have a case, they will investigate what happened. The success of your case will depend on the power of your evidence, and an independent investigation is vital for collecting the evidence you’ll need to win your case. Sometimes, collecting evidence can be difficult because evidence can be hard to collect after the fact. Experienced Sonora work injury lawyers will issue court orders to preserve crucial evidence to make sure you’ll have everything you need to win your case.
- Protect your claim. At the end of the day, your company’s goal is to make money. If your injuries rack up substantial medical bills and other damages, your employer, their insurers, and their lawyers will do whatever they can to pay you as little as possible. There are certain steps you can take to protect your claim. Consulting a seasoned lawyer about best practices to protect your claim can give you peace of mind that you will get the compensation you are rightfully owed.
- File proper paperwork . Filing all the paperwork properly and meeting deadlines can be daunting. If you don’t submit important documents on time, it could affect your chance of getting proper justice. To make things easier, Sonora accident lawyers can take care of this task for you.
- Talk to insurers.After an accident, you’ll be contacted by insurers. Even though they may seem kind, their intention is to get you to make a statement that could hurt your case. Allowing your legal representation to speak to insurers on your behalf can give you the peace of mind that nothing will be said that could impact your chance at justice.
Many people want to know what to expect from an oilfield injury lawyer in Texas, and our firm’s promise is that we will work harder than any other law firm to get you the compensation and justice you deserve. Our team at Carabin Shaw understands the toll an oilfield accident can take on you and your family. If you need a Texas oilfield injury lawyer, we’re here for you. Call us today at 210-222-2288 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 to speak with the experienced lawyers at our firm.