What You Need to Know About Oilfield Work Accidents in Monahans, Tx
The oilfield is one of the most dangerous jobs in the United States. Texas has the highest number of oilfield fatalities, meaning oilfield employees in Monahans, Texas are at serious risk when on the job. If you or a loved one were injured in an oilfield accident, you need Texas oil industry accident lawyers on your side. Our team at Carabin Shaw knows what it takes to get you the compensation you deserve, and we’re always willing to go the extra mile for those we serve. To be informed, here’s what you need to know about oilfield work accidents in Monahans, Tx.What Should You Do After an Oilfield Accident?
From our experience as Monahans injury lawyers, there are a few important steps you must take after an oilfield accident to give you the best chance at winning your claim:
- Notify your supervisor. The first step is always to notify your supervisor of your accident. Failure to do so could affect your ability to get proper compensation as well as put your job in jeopardy. If possible, file an incident report. Try to be as honest as you can about what happened and any pain or injuries you are experiencing. To learn more about this step, speak with an attorney.
- Seek medical attention. After reporting your incident, you should seek medical attention immediately, even if you feel like you have minor injuries. Having a medical professional evaluate your condition after an oilfield accident ensures your well-being and documents your injuries in your medical record, which will be important evidence for your Monahans work accident attorneys.
- Document evidence. If you are able, try to document the scene of the accident and your injuries with photographs. Write down an account of what happened, and get the contact information of any witnesses, in case your attorney needs to interview them during their investigation.
- Speak to a lawyer. Getting the compensation you deserve is difficult to do alone. Experienced Texas oil industry accident lawyers will take the burden off you and your family and help you get justice during this difficult time.
In many instances, after an accident you can file for workers’ comp to get compensation. However, some employers in Texas do not offer workers’ compensation, which means you may need to file a lawsuit to get the money you deserve. To make your case, you and your Monahans injury lawyers will have to provide evidence to prove the negligence of another party caused your accident and injuries. The following list contains examples of potentially liable parties in an oilfield accident in Monahans, Texas:
- Oil rig owners
- Oil product manufacturers
- Shipping companies
- Trucking companies
After an accident in the oilfield, you are entitled to damages for your injuries. Below is a list of some of the damages you may be able to win:
- Loss of income
- Loss of past and future earnings
- Medical bills
- Future medical care
- Household expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Keep in mind, however, that the damages you can pursue will depend on the unique circumstances of your case. Let a lawyer review your case to determine what damages apply to your case.Your Next Step
After an oilfield accident, your life can feel upside down. You should be compensated for your suffering. At Carabin Shaw, we believe in helping people and their families get through difficult times. We’ve won over $1 billion for past clients, so you can count on us and our winning record. What you need to know about oilfield work accidents in Monahans, Tx, is this: you deserve justice for suffering because of the negligent actions of others. We want what’s best for you. Contact us today at 800-862-1260 or 432-620-0544 to speak with our Monahans work accident attorneys.