Who is Responsible for Your Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Due to its convenient position two hours from four major cities in Texas, Victoria has become a commuting hub and grown in population in the recent years. While the growth of a city is generally a good thing, it also comes with risks. Constant construction of new hotels and motels and the remodeling of old buildings and homes puts residents and tourists in Victoria at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning due to aging equipment and poor industry regulation.
If you or a loved one have been exposed to the gas in a hotel or motel in Victoria, Texas, and want to know who is responsible for your carbon monoxide poisoning, the lawyers at Carabin & Shaw may be able to help.
Carbon monoxide poisoning has a variety of sources, including dryers, water heaters, furnaces, both wood and gas fireplaces, and more. The only way to detect the colorless, odorless gas is by installing a carbon monoxide detector in every room where people sleep.
By law, Texans must install these in their homes, and they must be installed in nursing homes and day-care centers. However, hotels and motels have no such regulation. This means that tourists, especially families travelling with the elderly or infants, are at a higher risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Those who are exposed to the gas while staying in a hotel or motel must determine the source of the carbon monoxide and the parties responsible in order to hold them accountable. If you or a loved one have been exposed to carbon monoxide in Victoria, Texas, the Victoria accident attorneys at Carabin & Shaw can help you do this.
Due to the large number of possible parties at fault, — for instance, the manufacturing companies, installation companies or workers, hotel or motel management, or handymen — it can be difficult to determine who is responsible for your carbon monoxide poisoning. Do not let this deter you. Carabin & Shaw’s carbon monoxide poisoning lawyers in Victoria are ready to help you find the responsible parties. Whether it was a faulty carbon monoxide detector (or the lack of any detector at all), or an old furnace that was improperly serviced, we will help you get compensation for your loss.
With access to third-party, private investigators, our lawyers can help you determine who is responsible for your carbon monoxide poisoning. We have a long history of success with cases such as these and are happy to help you and your family get the compensation you deserve. Because of our years of experience, the Victoria injury lawyers at our firm are trustworthy and willing to fight for you. Personal injury cases such as these can require a lot of time and effort, especially if you try to go about it on your own. However, an attorney can help you through the process and eliminate some of the stress.
The lawyers at our firm have experience in gathering all of the necessary medical records, filling out the appropriate forms, and getting them submitted to the courts in a timely fashion. Many cases like these have strict deadlines and lots of hoops to jump through. With their years of experience, our attorneys know exactly what to do and how best to do it in order for you to get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been exposed to carbon monoxide in Victoria, Texas, then you should contact Carabin & Shaw.
Call today to connect with trustworthy, experienced lawyers who will fight for you and your family. The initial consultation is free, and we are happy to discuss your case with you. Call today, toll free at 800-862-1260.