Why You Need an 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney | Texas Lawyer
A truck accident can change your life. The consequences of a collision with an 18 wheeler in Ozona, Texas can be severe, causing life-threatening injuries as well as a mounting pile of bills. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has found that trucking accidents cost an average of nearly $150,000, and this number increases in proportion to the size of the truck. If you or a loved one has been involved in a trucking accident, there are a number of reasons why you need an 18 wheeler accident attorney.
At Carabin Shaw, we care about helping victims and their families get through the difficult aftermath of an 18 wheeler crash. We never represent big trucking companies because our Ozona 18 wheeler accident attorneys believe in getting justice for those wrongfully injured by trucker and trucking company negligence.What a Lawyer Can Do For You
Truck accidents are more complicated than normal car accidents because different laws apply to truck accidents and numerous parties can be held liable for your damages depending on your circumstances. This complexity makes Ozona accident attorneys vital to the success of your case. Here are a few ways an attorney can maximize your case:
- Deal with insurers - Usually, trucking companies will have different types of insurance to cover every facet of their operation including the truck driver, the truck, the trucking company, the trailer, and even the specific type of cargo they are transporting. Moreover, trucking companies have numerous defense lawyers, agents, and insurance adjusters on their team to make sure they have their bases covered when a truck accident in Ozona occurs. To get the money you deserve, you will want an experienced lawyer on your side.
- Gather evidence - To win compensation, you’ll need evidence to prove your damages. Ozona 18 wheeler accident attorneys will know what information is vital to collect, and can take the burden of gathering evidence off your hands. Typically, they’ll get photographs of the accident scene, police reports, eyewitness testimonies, medical records, and more.
- Estimate your case value - Knowing what your case is worth can be a huge asset. A seasoned attorney will be able to look at the circumstances of your crash and give you a fair and accurate estimate of your case’s worth, which will ensure you don’t accept an offer that’s less than you are rightfully owed.
Working with the right lawyer can make all the difference in the success of your case. Below are some characteristics you should look for in the lawyers you work with:
- They have experience in handling cases like yours.
- They are recommended by people who were in similar situations to you.
- They know experts who can testify on your behalf after your truck accident in Ozona.
- They make you feel comfortable.
- They effectively communicate with you and let you know what they’ll need from you in working your case.
- They will explain their plan of action for proving your case and getting you the compensation you deserve.
After an 18 wheeler crash in Ozona, Texas, you want to make sure you’re in good hands. 18 wheeler accidents are complicated and can greatly impact your life, which is why you need an 18 wheeler accident attorney on your side to help win your case. Our team at Carabin Shaw believes in fighting for victims of trucking accidents, which is why we never work for trucking companies. Our Ozona accident attorneys want to do everything in our power to help victims and their families get through this tragic time. If you need the Ozona 18 wheeler accident attorneys that are right for you, call 1-800-862-1260 today.