Why You Need an Attorney After a Severe Burn Injury in Lubbock
Victims of severe burns carry physical and emotional scars for the rest of their lives. If you’ve been burned due to another person’s negligence in Lubbock, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim or lawsuit. But before you decide on a course of action, you’ll first need to consult with the right personal injury lawyers in Lubbock.
If you’re wondering how to choose the right attorney or why you need an attorney after a severe burn injury in Lubbock, our experts are here to provide the answers you’re looking for. Read on to learn more and to learn about the rights of Lubbock burn victims.Why Victims of Serious Burn Injuries Need an Attorney
Burns are serious when they cover the majority of the body’s surface, when they impact the very young or the elderly, when they are third-degree, or when they affect delicate parts of the body. If you’ve been burned, you likely know the severity of your burn—but do you know whether or not you need a lawyer, or how an experienced lawyer can help you?
Put simply, if you know or suspect that your burn injury was caused by another person or company, you need to contact a lawyer. Injuries caused by another party’s negligence or intentional wrongful actions can serve as the grounds for personal injury claims.
Examples of negligence that commonly result in burns include:
- Landlords failing to install smoke detectors in their apartments or rental units
- Product manufacturers selling defective appliances or equipment that result in fires
- Employers not providing their employees with adequate training, safety equipment, or warning signage, resulting in various types of burns (e.g. scalds, chemical burns, thermal burns, and more)
- A driver whose negligence caused a crash that then resulted in a fire or chemical burn to the victim
Sometimes, negligence isn’t clear cut or obvious. Consulting an attorney can help you figure out whether or not you have grounds for a personal injury claim following a burn accident.
Some ways attorneys may help burn victims include:
- Investigating the accident and determining the cause of the burn injury
- Determining who is to blame when multiple parties contributed to your injury
- Renegotiating insurance settlement offers that are too low
- Appealing a decision after your insurance company denied your claim completely
- Assisting you if your insurance company approved some of your treatment but is refusing to pay for other types of medical care you need
- Helping you file a personal injury claim if negligence caused your injuries and helping you win the damages you deserve
- Educating you about your legal options and advising you on the best course of action
- And more
If you’re considering hiring an attorney, you should know that our Lubbock burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw offer all new clients a free consultation and are here to help you.Ready to Speak to an Attorney? Call Today for a Free Consultation
Burn injuries are often expensive, but you may be able to recover significant financial compensation to assist with your medical expenses. The Lubbock burn injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and our firm specializes in burn injury accidents in Texas.Free Case Review
If you’ve been severely burned due to another party’s negligence, we want to help. And best of all, we offer all Lubbock burn victims a no cost, no obligation consultation with one of our lawyers.
If you’re ready to take the next step and find out your legal options, we’re ready to take your call today. Our knowledgeable attorneys serving Lubbock want to help you get compensation—and justice—after your burn injury.
To find out how our personal injury lawyers in Lubbock can help in the aftermath of your injury, call us today at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation and case review with an expert attorney.