10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

Wrongful Foreclosure

More and more individuals are being victimized by wrongful foreclosure. Unfortunately, a relatively small number of banks and mortgage companies are violating the law and victimizing home owners. In some cases property owners are losing their homes. However, with the right law firm on your side – a wrongful foreclosure suit can be filed, in some case.

Take a minute and learn more about what wrongful foreclosure is and what to do if you think you’ve been a victim.

What is Wrongful Foreclosure?

Wrongful foreclosure is when a mortgage company, a bank, a lender or financial institution forecloses on an individual and sells the home illegally – or the bank uses methods which are outside the bounds of the State or Federal Law. For instance, if a person is in the process of foreclosure and a lender or institution accepts a partial payment from that individual – but continues with the foreclosure, it is a wrongful foreclosure. This happens all the time to individuals and many don’t realize that it is happening. They seem to think that lenders and institutions are above the law, but they’re not.

How to Deal With Wrongful Foreclosure

If you feel you’ve been a victim of wrongful foreclosure, the first thing you should do is contact a foreclosure attorney. Most lawyers do not know where to even start, that is why you should pick up the phone and Carabin Shaw We can help you determine whether or not you may have a legitimate case against the lender or institution which has foreclosed on you.

If you do have a case, we can help you seek monetary damages – including punitive damages, damages for fraud and in some cases help recover for emotional damages.

What are Some Instances of Wrongful Foreclosure?

There are dozens, if not more instances or types of wrongful foreclosures, including situations when the lender or institution has adjusted the interest amount to an incorrect amount, when they have accepted a partial payment from an individual and then continued with the foreclosure process, continuing with a foreclosure although the individual was in chapter 11 or chapter 13 bankruptcy, failing to apply payments to the individuals account and more.

If you feel you and your family are the victim of a wrongful foreclosure, you should speak with the Carabin Shaw right away. You may be entitled to compensation. We may be able to show that your lender or institution foreclosed on you while they were legally unable to do so. Your loan documents, notes, receipts and/or statements may show that your payments were wrongly applied or never applied to your account.

Call us, let us see if anything can be done. Call us at 210-222-2288 or toll free at 800-862-1260. The call is free. The consultation is free.

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.