5 FAQs About Personal Injury Claims in Texas
After an accident in San Antonio, you may be unsure about what to do next. Knowing the right steps to take can make all the difference in having the best chance at winning a potential personal injury case. If you or a loved one has been injured, you are probably looking for “good personal injury lawyers near me.”
At Carabin Shaw, we understand from experience what it takes to make the most of any personal injury claim. Our team of expert San Antonio personal injury attorneys are dedicated to serving you and your family, so you get you the justice you deserve, which is why we’ve been named a top 10 law firm in customer satisfaction.Questions about Personal Injury Claims
Whenever someone gets into an accident, they have questions about what to do next. From our years of service to the San Antonio community, the following are the 5 FAQs about personal injury claims in Texas we’ve heard most often:
- Do I have a personal injury case? If another person’s negligence caused you injuries or harm in San Antonio, you may be entitled to compensation under Texas law for damages such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and more. The best way to know whether your case is worth pursuing, however, is to talk to someone who knows personal injury. Let experienced San Antonio accident attorneys review your case.
- How much is my case worth? Various factors affect how much compensation you are entitled to. Things like the severity of your injuries, the projected length of your recovery time, the extent of your emotional and psychological suffering, and the amount it has impacted your life all play into the potential value of your personal injury case. Without experience, it’s difficult to accurately estimate your case’s worth. If you want a proper evaluation of your case and your potential compensation, it’s best to consult a seasoned attorney.
- What should I do after my accident? The most important step after any accident is getting medical attention. A visit to the doctor will make sure your injuries get proper medical care, putting you on the fastest road to recovery. Plus, when it comes to proving the connection between the defendant’s negligence and your injuries, the official documentation in your medical records will be essential for your lawyer to make your case.
- What do I say if an insurance adjuster calls me? Avoid talking to an insurer whenever possible. They usually do not have your best interest in mind and will try to get you to make statements that will implicate you and reduce the damages you are owed. If you work with San Antonio personal injury attorneys, they will speak to insurers for you.
- How long do I have to file? In Texas, you have two years from the date of your injuries to file a claim (known as the “statute of limitations”). In rare circumstances, you may be able to extend this deadline. Talk to an attorney to learn more.
After asking these 5 FAQs about personal injury claims in Texas, you should feel better about pursuing your case. If you have additional questions, an experienced lawyer can answer them.Making the Most of Your Personal Injury Case
To get the most out of your personal injury claim, you need to know the proper steps to take. For many victims, the best chance at proper justice is working with San Antonio accident attorneys. Our staff at Carabin Shaw is dedicated to getting just compensation for San Antonio accident victims. Every member of our team is wholly devoted to our clients, fighting for them day in and day out to make sure they’re taken care of. If you’ve been looking for “good personal injury lawyers near me,” we’re not just good—we’re great. Call us today at 210-222-2288 for a free consultation.